[AS INTENDED] CAT Take-off instructions removed? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-22-2020, 11:37 PM   #21
Repth
DCS Ground Crew

Who, exactly, decided that it wasn't useful for players? A small group of closed beta testers? Do they speak for the entire community? The message was a perfect stop gap until they could determine if plane directors are even feasible. Sure it's a "planned" feature, but what happens if it never surfaces?

I'm normally very supportive of ED and I understand this is EA, but this makes me think we will never see any form of improved ATC (and yes that includes ground or deck handling) in DCS. In the end people will just do whatever they want right? Why even waste the resources?
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:47 PM   #22
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
Who, exactly, decided that it wasn't useful for players? A small group of closed beta testers? Do they speak for the entire community? The message was a perfect stop gap until they could determine if plane directors are even feasible. Sure it's a "planned" feature, but what happens if it never surfaces?

I'm normally very supportive of ED and I understand this is EA, but this makes me think we will never see any form of improved ATC (and yes that includes ground or deck handling) in DCS. In the end people will just do whatever they want right? Why even waste the resources?
ED Decided it. I will pass along the feedback that some would like it to return as at least an option.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:55 AM   #23
Repth
DCS Ground Crew

Appreciate it NineLine. Hope you have a good weekend.
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 03:11 AM   #24
norman99

I’d love to have it back too. Hopefully as part of an enhanced CAT selection logic that can sense the presence of static objects. Seems a lot of people are requesting that.
norman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 01:23 PM   #25
VirusAM

Send a message via MSN to VirusAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post

Sorry, probably I was not too much clear (I am not a native speaker, and this surely doesn't help)...
I meant not useful for players in the sense that that message was "directed" to the AI and humans can take whatever cat they want, so that indication was not mandatory. Probably seeing that could cause some confusion to players ED decided to remove (but I am guessing here about the reasons).
Of course having a system that direct both humans and the AI to the cats would be useful for human players.
Sorry if I was not so clear in my previous post...I hope my thoughts are more clear now

Last edited by VirusAM; 05-23-2020 at 06:03 PM.
VirusAM is offline   Reply With Quote