How do I install missions?

pauljames

If the mission has a suffix .miz then all you need to do is place the whole file into a mission folder where you can access it from within DCS World, and you'll see it is executable from within DCS World.

If it comes in a compressed format with either .rar .zip . or something similar as the suffix, then you should unpack it using Winzip or Winrar etc, and then you should see among any other files, the .miz suffix. Then just treat it as above.

If you want to unpack a mission file for any reason, then just re-name the suffix to .zip, do what you need to do, then name it back to .miz.

Download the .miz mission file

Copy-paste in "YourUserName"/saved games/DCSopenbeta (or alpha whatever you have)/missions

After that go to the DCS World Sim, at the right menu click on MISSION then My Missions/ click and Fly.

Tell us if this work for you?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...

What if the .zip you download has briefing pictures (jpg), or any other file other than the .miz. Where do you put those?

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

C:\Users\me\Saved Games\DCS\Kneeboard\whatever aircraft you are using.

Then you can bring .jpg up on your kneeboard and bring that up in flight:

"K" Kneeboard glance view Kneeboard

"]" Kneeboard Next Page Kneeboard

"RShift - K" Kneeboard ON/OFF Kneeboard

"[" Kneeboard Previous Page Kneeboard

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

What about the briefing pictures, ie, the pictures that are on the left side of the screen when you are reading the briefing before starting the mission?

Thanks.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Sometimes the downloaded missions are zip files and when I decompress them, they become the seperate miz file and some jpg fiels for the briefing pictures. Is this that phenomenon I've heard of where for some reason miz files get downloaded as a converted zip file when really it should just be a miz file?

v6,

boNes