ATC - Units of measurement.

Phil73805

Hi there, is there any way to get ATC to give wind speed in Knots rather that Metres per Second?

I'm slowly getting used to pressure in InHg rather than mb/hPa but the wind speed on the runway is harder for me to gauge in m/s. If not, I'll just have to learn :)

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i5 8600K CPU @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 500GB SSD (Exclusively for DCS World), Thrustmaster Warthog, Logitech G Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals. Track IR 5 with Pro Clip. Vaicom Pro.

EASA PPL(A), Glider Aerobatics. Modules: A-10C, F/A-18C, F-5E, Mirage 2000C, AV-8B N/A, Yak 52, Flaming Cliffs 3, Heatblur F14B/A, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle and all but one of the warbirds. Caucuses, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, Channel and Syria.

Irishlad200000, you lost me at scripts :D

It seems I will have to get used to it. I looked at the chart you linked and it seems for Knots all I need to do is double the m/s number for an approximate reading in Knots, that'll do!

Thank you!

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i5 8600K CPU @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 500GB SSD (Exclusively for DCS World), Thrustmaster Warthog, Logitech G Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals. Track IR 5 with Pro Clip. Vaicom Pro.

EASA PPL(A), Glider Aerobatics. Modules: A-10C, F/A-18C, F-5E, Mirage 2000C, AV-8B N/A, Yak 52, Flaming Cliffs 3, Heatblur F14B/A, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle and all but one of the warbirds. Caucuses, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, Channel and Syria.

Yea it can't be changed with normal gameplay options.

But don't worry, there is an easy rule to remember:

Just double it.

Specifically:

2m/s * 3,6 = 7,2km/h

7,2km/h / 1,852 = 3,8876...kt

So, to get the approximate kt from m/s, just double it. 2m/s = roughly 4kt. if you want to be a bit more exact just remove "a bit" form the value you just got and you are close enough to get the idea.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron