CCIP crosswind compensation

jackshen

Was it ever supposed to compensate for wind? The gunsight certainly doesn’t. Look for smoke and where previous bombs rockets bullets landed to compensate. Once a target is destroyed you have a nice smoke column to act like a wind sock. It is a feature of the SVP-24 which is a very recent upgrade our Flanker doesn’t have, however I’m not sure if it’s radar is capable of computing the wind speed for it.

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Was it ever supposed to compensate for wind? The gunsight certainly doesn’t. Look for smoke and where previous bombs rockets bullets landed to compensate. Once a target is destroyed you have a nice smoke column to act like a wind sock. It is a feature of the SVP-24 which is a very recent upgrade our Flanker doesn’t have, however I’m not sure if it’s radar is capable of computing the wind speed for it.

What I'm thinking is CCIP trajectory prediction is fed by computer, where crosswind can certainly be calculated from atmospheric data and inertial navigation on board. Whether or not if this is in the Su-27 computer I have no idea.

But what I'm getting confused is things got broken after update without detailed documentation like what and why. This is really frustrated.

If the real one doesn't have the capability to compensate the wind, then it has been fixed not broken.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Then where's the confirmation if the real one is there or not.

One thing I'm quite concerned is Su-27 is in the late 80s when even the WWII Norden bombsight could compensate for crosswind. Need documents/proof to say this is intended.

The latest update CCIP/CCRP will not compensate for crosswind.

This effect can be observed on bombs/30mm and rocket.

It's almost impossible to hit target with it.

What's broken?

Did it ever compensate? I think it was about a year ago that someone was complaining that the CCIP training mission was impossible to hit the targets exactly. The bombs were always a bit off. Turned out there was a breeze in the mission pushing the bombs off target. I don’t fly much A2G in the Flanker but, when I have in the past, there was no compensation for wind that I recall.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

For rockets and guns you often have to fire a round or two see where they fall and correct by adjusting the pipper. Extremely satisfying when you get it right

Keep an eye out on anything already smoking it will give away the wind

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg