Live kick off nvidia 20xx cards

Wait for actual benchmarks where we can see settings, etc. The ones Nvidia posted could be very cherry picked.

I would suspect the 2080ti to be about 30% faster than the 1080ti, but, again.. wait for actual benchmarks.

Id agree with you. I bought one already and I don't expect 50% better than the 1080Ti. What I expect is a far superior experience from my 1080.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Wait for actual benchmarks where we can see settings, etc. The ones Nvidia posted could be very cherry picked.

I would suspect the 2080ti to be about 30% faster than the 1080ti, but, again.. wait for actual benchmarks.

+1 :D I don't understand why so many people have pre-orderd the new rtx card on nvidia.com. In the Netherlands is the RTX 2070 and RTX 2080 already sold out. Crazy hype.

Nobody asks why the RTX 1080 TI is already out! Thinking that AMD Navi 7 Nm gonna outperform Nvidia's fastest card? We will see! :D

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

NVIDIA's benches are full of misleading information, as usual. Wait for reviews.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Why on earth do you require 120 FPS? Would most people tell the difference between 50FPS, 60FPS or 120? At some point, I would think there is a diminishing return, no?

I see the difference. Yes, most people would. Diminishing returns start above 120 fps.

Edited by mdee

+1 :D I don't understand why so many people have pre-orderd the new rtx card on nvidia.com.

Because I can...

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I see the difference. Yes, most people would. Diminishing returns start above 120 fps.

Good to know. I guess I've never paid attention to it. For VR purposes, 90FPS does make a difference. But 45 with ASW seem to make up for it.

I haven't played DCS on 2D for a while, so I've never really paid attention to it. Thanks.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Because I can...

Yeah, how people spend his/her money is not my business. I often wonder why people are so critical of how others spend the money. I understand trying to be helpful, but there are folks (not calling anyone out) who seem to get outright upset about it. Very odd to me.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Because I can...

:thumbup:

Good answer.

Yeah I admit it, as soon as the EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra FTW3 is available to order, I am going to try and get in on ordering one right away. I know they will go fast.

Doing a complete new system build later in the year anyway, figured what the heck might as well go for the gusto. I game in VR and want all the power I can possibly get.

I certainly am not too happy about the pricing structure, but it is what it is I guess.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Because I can...

Great answer.

I too have preordered. Whether it is wise to do so is down to your personal circumstances. I have been saving up for a good while for a new card to replace my ageing 980TI which is being pushed to the absolute limit of stability running 1.6ghz in DCS and VR. I am not expecting her to be around much longer, albeit I have the temp under control now.

I miss a generation whenever I replace my card, so let the 10xxx series slide. I was always going to buy into the 20xxx series, so I have no problem with my decision to pre order.

I see little point in buying into the Pascal series at this point, just to save a buck and do myself out of a possible 30% + of the best possible performance currently available.

Turing will be a vast improvement over my Maxwell card. It's a no brainer.

The pricing hurts, make no mistake. However, I do wonder if the prices are artificially high to make the cards unattractive to the crypto miners. Nvidia were very concerned that genuine gamers could not buy cards for any money last winter.

Even the 1080TI was far north of $1000 last January in some places.

Can't help feeling that crypto has poisoned the well where future pricing is concerned. Scalpers are already selling Turing pre orders on eBay for a big mark up.

Then there is the memory price gouging cartel......

AMD falling by the wayside is not helping matters.

It is all a big clusterf### at the moment. Yet I still need a new card.... ouch.

I settled on the Asus 2080TI DUAL OC. Hopefully the factory OC versions have been selected for having the best performing chips and will manually overclock better when it is reaching the end of its days.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Great answer.

I too have preordered. Whether it is wise to do so is down to your personal circumstances. I have been saving up for a good while for a new card to replace my ageing 980TI which is being pushed to the absolute limit of stability running 1.6ghz in DCS and VR. I am not expecting her to be around much longer, albeit I have the temp under control now.

I miss a generation whenever I replace my card, so let the 10xxx series slide. I was always going to buy into the 20xxx series, so I have no problem with my decision to pre order.

I see little point in buying into the Pascal series at this point, just to save a buck and do myself out of a possible 30% + of the best possible performance currently available.

Turing will be a vast improvement over my Maxwell card. It's a no brainer.

The pricing hurts, make no mistake. However, I do wonder if the prices are artificially high to make the cards unattractive to the crypto miners. Nvidia were very concerned that genuine gamers could not buy cards for any money last winter.

Even the 1080TI was far north of $1000 last January in some places.

Can't help feeling that crypto has poisoned the well where future pricing is concerned. Scalpers are already selling Turing pre orders on eBay for a big mark up.

Then there is the memory price gouging cartel......

AMD falling by the wayside is not helping matters.

It is all a big clusterf### at the moment. Yet I still need a new card.... ouch.

I settled on the Asus 2080TI DUAL OC. Hopefully the factory OC versions have been selected for having the best performing chips and will manually overclock better when it is reaching the end of its days.

Let us know how it go's with your 4790k when you get it, or are you going to upgrade the CPU before? It will be ok perhaps....? The only problem is feeding it, if the GPU gives you 30% extra. The 4790k would be pushing it now in DCS with a 1080ti. The 4790 should be enough once Vulkan api arrives, we just don't know when that will be and how long it will take ED to optimize etc.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

^^^^^

Does Steve Burke still live in his mom's basement? I mean, hey, we are all some level of computer geek but this dude, wow!!!

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet