VR on GTX1060?

My son runs it pretty successfully on a 1050ti. He has to have everything on low unless he's running kegety's (spelling?) shader mod but it works.

ASUS ROG G701VI-XS72K 17.3" - i7 7820HK - GTX 1080 8GB - 32 GB 2666mhz - 512 GB SSD - Win10 Pro 64-Bit - T̶r̶a̶c̶k̶I̶R̶5̶ - Samsung Odyssey HMD!! (Amazing!!) - X56 Rhino HOTAS

Yep, I'm running on a 6gb 1060. Only got my rift a couple of weeks back. Initially I had issues getting it to perform / look "nice". The trick I have learned is that anti aliasing doesn't seem to work anywhere near as well as pushing up the pixel density. Then it's a case of cranking back the settings until you can maintain 45fps. I'm running lower settings than I used to on a regular screen, but the inherent slightly blurred world of VR means that long visual range is kinda pointless anyway.

I've also observed that sometimes the VR just gets jittery. For that I've discovered that removing, and then putting back on the headset seems to clear that up. Odd, but it works for me. Just trigger some kind of soft reset or something?

I'm also running the shader mod you mentioned. Not done any scientific testing, I just read that it seemed to really help, so went straight in with it from the get go.