DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

MrDieing

• 2 weeks later...

The good news of the WE : the release of the YAK-52 should be effective in the following weeks

So.........

Next DCS module : Mi-24 Hind music_whistling.gif

Still to be confirmed of course BUT who knows, maybe very good news in the coming weeks

Cross our fingers, Mi-24 all the way !!!!!!thumbup.gif

I like this one :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1HU4l30AHE

Edited by Razorback

Is the GSH cannon on the 24P capable of penetrating a MBT? I'm thinking in terms of the benefits of using it over the GSH-23 gun pods. (Other then the obvious factor of having two extra hard points)

I wouldn't count on it, cannons really are for strafing lightly armoured or unarmoured targets and are typically ineffective against the armour on most MBTs, of course top-down shots and side (hull) shots will probably yield results - not sure how DCS models armour.

Heck even the GAU-8 doesn't exactly make mincemeat out of the better armoured tanks.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Is the GSH cannon on the 24P capable of penetrating a MBT? I'm thinking in terms of the benefits of using it over the GSH-23 gun pods. (Other then the obvious factor of having two extra hard points)

The 30 x 165 mm Round with Armour-Piercing Tracer Projectile is intended to engage light armoured targets.

http://www.arcus-bg.com/products/ammunition/4_30mm_gsh_6_30/ap_t_projectile/42main.htm

http://www.kbptula.ru/en/productions/small-arms-guns-grenade-launchers/guns-machine-guns/gsh-30k

https://web.archive.org/web/20091022233649/http://www.russianammo.org/30mm.html#14

/ Moved to chit chat and merged with the old thread

Sorry BIGNEWY but why this topic was moved to chit-chat (Reality sub-group) ?

It's a main topic of a possible next module of DCS ! Nothing to do with reality...

It was just a question in the disucussion on the Mi-24 canon, notting more. All the rest of the disussion was linked to the possible Mi-24 DCS module...

Sorry BIGNEWY but why this topic was moved to chit-chat (Reality sub-group) ?

It's a main topic of a possible next module of DCS ! Nothing to do with reality...

It was just a question in the disucussion on the Mi-24 canon, notting more. All the rest of the disussion was linked to the possible Mi-24 DCS module...

A topic similar to the F/A-18C meanwhile BSK dont create a Module section in the forum. That post has very good as others.

• ED Team

until we have a dedicated forum section for a module discussion like this always get moved to chit chat.

We will get a dedicated forum section for the Mi-24 when it is released

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

GSh-30-2 is probably the most powerful aircraft cannon after GAU-8 in the sim. There's also Ka-50's 2A42, but they are very similar with Gsh-30 series anyway.

There's also the MiG-15Bis with N-37D but I doubt it is a high velocity armor piercing kind of desing.

So it will probably have some capability of hurting things like T-55 and M-60 from weaker angles like behind, sides, or above. More modern things, even from weaker spots I think you'll only nick them.

You'll make a mess of lighter armor like Bradleys, BMPs etc. GSh-23 isn't all that great against them, it can deal with them but takes some skill and effort.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I wouldn't expect to do any tank busting with it thanks to the extreme accuracy of AI MG gunners in DCS, but it should wreck squishier stuff.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

I made some shots during maintanace to show how works controls in rear cockpit. Hope intrested someone.

also i dig it from deep of my hard disc.

Very nice black cockpit and very intersting video on the trim system !

Thx for sharing thumbup.gif

I am very excited to discover such things in the "announced" Mi-24 Module ! music_whistling.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I will like some more info about this Helicopter. Maybe one picture of work in progress, please.

As ED plan the P version, is pretty sure we will get the RWR of this powerful version.

In the video below you can see the RWR in 0:55min. There you can see to the right side the classic RWR we already keep in touch in game in our RU aircrafts. Just notice the left side we get a kind of modulation knob with a digital display that show MHz and KHz and This should be a kind of signal receiver knob for the automatic flare dispenser depending the power of the signal received then automatically the countermeasures will be dispensed.

Any better idea about this interesting stuff?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Language barrier. Pretty sure it is the top priority ED module now and next inline for release from them. BST resumed work after the F-5 was released last year. I suspect it was paused again for the Hornet but it can't be all that far from completion given how long they've been at it.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.