Non combat aircraft

Jester986

I think a Blackhawk/Seahawk series would be really cool, but that would be a ton of work. Is there a model of each that share a common cockpit architecture?

Also... Isn't every military aircraft (other than trainers) a combat aircraft regardless of whether it's armed or not?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a C-2 Greyhound?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

For fixed-wing, I am think that instead of the C-130 the Caribou might be a better fit ...

Caribou_A4_225_A4_199_Photo_by_Gary_Bridge_12.jpg

except, I thought that ED has categorically rejected ever supporting multiple-engine a/c in DCS World?

So, maybe the questions should be what single-engined non-combat a/c do you want to see?

EDIT: I realize that we already have multiple multi-engine a/c in DCS World -- e.g, from the A-10C to the F-15. So maybe what I read was that 4-engine would not be supported? Or was that for WW2 only?

Edited by Bearfoot

For fixed-wing, I am think that instead of the C-130 the Caribou might be a better fit ...

Caribou_A4_225_A4_199_Photo_by_Gary_Bridge_12.jpg

except, I thought that ED has categorically rejected ever supporting multiple-engine a/c in DCS World?

So, maybe the questions should be what single-engined non-combat a/c do you want to see?

EDIT: I realize that we already have multiple multi-engine a/c in DCS World -- e.g, from the A-10C to the F-15. So maybe what I read was that 4-engine would not be supported? Or was that for WW2 only?

I think that the Caribou is already in the works by someone in the modding community however, this plane would definitely be a first day buy for me! I can't think of anything more fun than making short field approaches to a country road in this plane with a much needed load of supplies, or troops during a DCS mission!! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If were gonna go WWII... DC-3 Perfect for Normandy.

C130 multi or single crew with the ability to do Cargo drops or the DC-3 with Cargo Drops also

Chinook for troop deployment would be awesome

Cheers Specter

• Like 1

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Antonov An-2

Report-North-Korea-2016-kop3-4Aviation.jpg

Don't laugh. It can transport anything, from commandoes to cows. It needs very little in preparation, a short bit of land without trees and rocks will do. It has a low RCS and is able to go slower than most radar sets' doppler gates. It's the thing the american in charge of the korean air forces is most worried about. It's just perfect.

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

Military but non-combat types. Due to a lack of a suitable definition for "non-combat", I guess that means aircraft operated by military forces that lack the ability to, either offensively or defensively, react to threats beyond visually spotting and maneuvering. A C-2A, C-20, C-21A, C-23A, KC-135 or KC-10 might fit.

Now if they mean military types without a significant offensive punch that have the ability to recognize threats through various systems and defend themselves through countermeasures then that changes the request considerably. A C-130 Hercules would be a top choice from talking to guys online and, even though it is kind of large for DCS maps, it would be very useful in many of the more popular mission oriented MP servers. The A-400M, KC-390 and An-12 would be in the same category and might be well received. I think smaller twin engine types would be more suitable for the current state of DCS. Planes like the An-26, An-32, An-72, CN-295, C-23C, C-27J and C-160 would fit well. For these planes there would have to be improvements with regards to proper cargo weight and balance and logistics within the DCS engine... of course, if it were to be implemented, part of the fun could be watching people taking off without verifying their weight and balance after loading the plane. :joystick:

Similarly, AWACS/Reconnaissance types would be useful if they are implemented. Strategic high performance platforms are pretty much a no go due to map size but tactical types like the SF-37, RF-101C, RF-4C, EKA-3B, RA-5C and RF-8G would be perfect. Another that would be interesting would be the U-2 because of the very limited operating speed one has to fly at altitude what with never exceed speed and stall speed being so close together. On the Soviet side the MiG-25R and MiG-21R would be good choices. Any AWACS would work as a DCS module.

Helicopters- all helicopters are good for DCS world... including the MV-22 Osprey

So, my top five list of wants for fixed wing non-offensive types in DCS looks like this-

MC-130H

C-130H

An-26

C-23C

KC-10A

Rotary top five-

CH-53E

HH-60H

MV-22B

UH-60L

SH-3G

MC-130H and HH-60H!

I would love some pure reconnaissance A/C as well U-2 and SR-71 could be fun - maybe the latter not so much since we would run out of map very quickly:megalol:

Edited by Pasquale1986
typos

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

A C-2 greyhound would be sweet, it's a carrier based aircraft and it can perform airdrops as well. So if a C130 is too big, the greyhound could provide a great logistics role in the sim. Also if DCS doesnt support more than two engines, it makes more sense for a C-2 greyhound.

I was inverted B)

C130 multi or single crew with the ability to do Cargo drops or the DC-3 with Cargo Drops also

Chinook for troop deployment would be awesome

Cheers Specter

+1 :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

oh please make a non combat plane with a big office.

it doesn't matter the purpose, tanker , cargo, awacs even pax

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Piper L4 Grasshopper would get my vote, perfect match for Normandy.

Same, I would love to see a grasshopper (especially since I just bought one!) as it would be simple yet versatile. The rate at which razbam work it should only take a few weeks to do an L-4!

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Antonov An-2

Don't laugh. It can transport anything, from commandoes to cows. It needs very little in preparation, a short bit of land without trees and rocks will do. It has a low RCS and is able to go slower than most radar sets' doppler gates. It's the thing the american in charge of the korean air forces is most worried about. It's just perfect.

I think OctopusG are planning on adding their An-2 to DCS.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Never really knew about the C-160 Transall. Heard the name, but never knew what it was. So with all the C-160 'votes', I went sniffing what this actually is.

What an interesting plane that would be to get in DCS :thumbup:

For those that understand German, a C-160 Transall documentary

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Antonov An-2

a very good idea indeed. another huge bonus of such an aircraft is, that it fits into redfor obviously, but could also serve in a blufor coalition.

while f.e. georgian (or other blufor) mig-21s flying alongside f-18s might be a bit of a stretch, i think that some Antonovs doing logistics support for a western coalition is a more reasonable scenario.

Antonov An-2

An-2 would be interesting, but more so even the future planned updated model then later:

including wing panels, spars and ribs – were produced by the Novosibirsk Aviation Plant. Sukhoi says the design change improved the speed of the An-2 by 50%, and testing also has shown the minimum flying speed of the aircraft is “close to zero”

If they have managed to slow down An-2 even more, then it really does fly backwards even without higher wind like now...

Yes, if going for serious transportation, An-2 would be amazing....!

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Never really knew about the C-160 Transall. Heard the name, but never knew what it was. So with all the C-160 'votes', I went sniffing what this actually is.

What an interesting plane that would be to get in DCS :thumbup:

For those that understand German, a C-160 Transall documentary

It's basically a franco-german C-130. It's well known for conducting the so called Sarajevo Approach, officially known as Combat Approach. This technique was used a lot during the 1000-day siege of Sarajevo, where Transalls where used to supply the besieged city and had to use this technique to reduce their exposure to ground fire as much as possible. It's a very steep landing approach for which the Transall is especially well suited for. It would be great fun to do this in DCS.

:pilotfly:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg