Does the F18's prepurchase affect the F14s EA?

OnlyforDCS

As the title says, how does the Hornet's long and early access prepurchase timeline affect the release of Heatblur's Tomcat?

As far as I know, there was never more than one module available for pre-purchase. Does this mean that we will not see the Tomcat before the F18 hits early access?

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I'm not expecting to see the release of the F14 until fall 2018.

:cry:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

From a business point of view this is totally not viable. The way I know ED is that if Heatblur provides them with an EA build and they approve it, it will just go into the normal pre-purchase and EA phase. Unless its really close to the Hornet, like within a month of the Hornet Release, they might postpone, but not if its ready for EA in March and the Hornet is ready in June (Worst case)

Just because it has never happened before does not mean it never will ;)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I'm pretty sure the Tomcat will come out before the Hornet.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

As the title says, how does the Hornet's long and early access prepurchase timeline affect the release of Heatblur's Tomcat?

As far as I know, there was never more than one module available for pre-purchase. Does this mean that we will not see the Tomcat before the F18 hits early access?

I don't think so, if you look on the list of planed modules to be released in 2018. If they wait until June(worst case) to EA the F-18 they must release 2 modules every month for the rest of the year.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3338291&postcount=124

We and our partners plan even bigger and better things for 2018 to include:

DCS World 2.5 by the end of January

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

DCS: Strait of Hormuz Map

DCS: F-14 Tomcat

DCS: JF-17

DCS: MiG-19

DCS: Mi-24P Hind

DCS: F-4E Phantom II

DCS: Bo-105

C-101CC variant for the DCS: C-101 module

DCS: Yak-52

DCS: I-16

DCS: Christen Eagle II

New aircraft carriers

Other new maps and continued updates to our existing maps

Several other unannounced projects

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

From the last updates that Cobra showed us I get the feeling that the Tomcat will ready to release late February early March or there about. The problem is that we don't get many updates about the Tomcat while the Hornet gets one almost daily. Also we haven't seen anything other than the Chromcat and a few finished bits and pieces making us think that it is still far off.

However the big mystery this time around is the huge amount of time from the pre-purchase availability until the early access release and the vagueness of the early access date. As far as I know most pre-purchases start about a month before the release so this puts hope in me that we will get the Tomcat before the Hornet. Well, we can only wait and see.

From a business point of view this is totally not viable. The way I know ED is that if Heatblur provides them with an EA build and they approve it, it will just go into the normal pre-purchase and EA phase. Unless its really close to the Hornet, like within a month of the Hornet Release, they might postpone, but not if its ready for EA in March and the Hornet is ready in June (Worst case)

Just because it has never happened before does not mean it never will ;)

I had a chuckle at this because the entire time I was reading it all I could think of was how fast I would throw my money at the screen if the 14 came out tomorrow.

Sim addiction is a thing.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Is the F-14 pushed back now the F-18 is in pre-purchase?

Just want to know. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

F-14 is already most likely in the hands of the public here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=199221 NDA signed of coarse i would think, This happened with the viggen also so the F-14 is not that far away.

As the F-14 is popular and a first day buy, I have know doubt ED got the F-18 pre purchase out the way before the F-14 drop, This way both parties are win win.

They don't have it yet..

To all the winners, we hope you will enjoy the DCS: F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations.

(Once it is released you will get contacted by the tournament organizers to receive your jet)

Potentially gives them a six month window to get the F14 out...

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

That's pretty pessimistic.....I certainly expect it well before that.

-Nick

Nick don't tease people, that not polite... I mean. Yeah ok who am I kidding I'm fully onboard with that comment, I believe that 2018 will be year og cat's and flying insects!

-Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

Our only concern currently is to bring the Tomcat to a level where we're proud of it and would feel no shame in releasing it to the public. I'm sure that once we're ready to go live, we'll be discussing appropriate spacings to other releases with Eagle Dynamics. I'm also sure that they will meet us with professionalism and work with us to make sure both aircraft get smooth rollouts.

I'd like to reiterate that we hope to make the Tomcat a very solid, robust and complete launch, with as little missing features as possible. We're also breaking a lot of new ground (in all departments) with the F-14, so it's important that we get it right.

It's honestly not long now until both the F-18 and the F-14 take to the sky together in DCS. Focus on that for now! 2018 is going to be awesome!

• Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Thank you for the update Cobra.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals