30 Calendar Days ( Once a Month ) 148 35.49%
60 Calendar Days 11 2.64%
90 Calendar Days 194 46.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 417. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2017, 02:44 PM   #581
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 107
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Rico View Post
Until the powers that be actually answer the question about starforce what we can work out
At this point it doesnt matter what Starforce does, ED is moving forward with this new DRM, and only reviewing what is the best way to use it.

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:49 PM   #582
MonnieRock

Reputation power: 17
MonnieRock is just really niceMonnieRock is just really niceMonnieRock is just really niceMonnieRock is just really niceMonnieRock is just really niceMonnieRock is just really niceMonnieRock is just really niceMonnieRock is just really niceMonnieRock is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to MonnieRock
Exclamation Points From Russian Forum on New Protection System Thread

Hello Everyone,

Been reading through the Russian section of the forums. There is a similar thread about the new DRM. Russian Thread On New DRM Protection System

I could not find any post(s) from Offical ED Personnel stating the "First" and/ or "Primary Goal" purpose of the new DRM is to combat piracy/fraud.

A few points I have gathered from the posts of Official ED Personnel. USSR_Rik and Chizh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USSR_Rik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slayer- View Post
Вторая хотелка по новой системе (после статы) - как выше упоминали - бесплатный пробный период на модули (временный ключ). То-же было-бы неплохо, особенно потестировать сторонние модули.
По этому поводу могу процитировать сообщение коллеги во внутреннем чате ED:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED Internal Chat
собственно это и была основная цель апгрейда))
Тут имеется в виду комплекс работ и по новой системе активации/защиты и по недавним техническим работам на сайте.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chizh View Post
Поймите, новая система защиты позволит нам в дальнейшем развивать онлайновые сервисы, например летную книжку. Это концептуально востребованный шаг для дальнейшего развития проекта.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuman View Post
А какие онлайн сервисы в перспективе могут появиться и как это связано с летной книжкой?
Онлайн летная книжка и леддер пилотов первое что приходит на ум.

Loosely translated by Google Translate for convenience :

Quote:
Originally Posted by USSR_Rik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slayer- View Post
The second Wishlist on the new system (after the stat flightbook) - as mentioned above - a free trial period for the modules (temporary key). The same was, it would be nice, especially to test third-party modules.
On this occasion, I can quote the message of a colleague in an internal ED chat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED Internal Chat
actually this was the main goal of the upgrade))
Here we mean a set of works on the new activation / protection system and on the recent technical work on the site.

Quote:
Understand, the new protection system will allow us to further develop online services, for example, a flight book. This is a conceptually required step for the further development of the project.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuman View Post
And what online services in the future can appear and how it is related to the flight book?
The online flight book and the pilot's glacier are the first that comes to mind.

Happy Simming,
Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | i7-4960x @ 5ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | EVGA TitanX Superclocked w/ EK Waterblock | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB in RAID 0 | Lepa 1600w PSU | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/20cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution

Last edited by MonnieRock; 12-07-2017 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Typographical errors
MonnieRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:59 PM   #583
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Yup, tying all this to our user login will afford ED some freedom to add new features.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:59 PM   #584
mue

Reputation power: 6
mue will become famous soon enoughmue will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
At this point it doesnt matter what Starforce does, ED is moving forward with this new DRM, and only reviewing what is the best way to use it.
You defended the new drm by claiming that Starforce does the same (need to phone home regularly). And now as it seems your claim is wrong it suddenly doesn't matter?
mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:07 PM   #585
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mue View Post
You defended the new drm by claiming that Starforce does the same (need to phone home regularly). And now as it seems your claim is wrong it suddenly doesn't matter?
I never claimed that, I stated I heard that it did call home, I mean it must otherwise how does it know there is something wrong, such as a banned key. It's not the same as what the new DRM is, but it must require some amount of internet access to work some features.

But I never claimed it worked like the new DRM.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:34 PM   #586
Johnny_Rico+
Posting Rights Suspended

Reputation power: 0
Johnny_Rico will become famous soon enoughJohnny_Rico will become famous soon enoughJohnny_Rico will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Erm, but understanding how the current system works is that not necessary to design a new a "better" system ?
Johnny_Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:37 PM   #587
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Quote:
Erm, but understanding how the current system works is that not necessary to design a new a "better" system ?
For the person coding the new system I am sure, are you coding the new system?

Old 12-07-2017, 04:01 PM   #588
Johnny_Rico+
Posting Rights Suspended

Reputation power: 0
Johnny_Rico will become famous soon enoughJohnny_Rico will become famous soon enoughJohnny_Rico will become famous soon enough

Quote:
For the person coding the new system I am sure, are you coding the new system?
Nope, are you ?
Johnny_Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:03 PM   #589
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Quote:
Nope, are you ?
Nope, I guess neither us need to know how Starforce works to make the new one better, glad that is settled, thanks.

Old 12-07-2017, 04:39 PM   #590
WolfK33

Reputation power: 7
WolfK33 will become famous soon enoughWolfK33 will become famous soon enough

But it would still be good to know how the current DRM works to be able to evaluate if the new one really is better before spending my hard earned money.

But as it seems that Starforce does not take away my ability to play offline when it can´t phone home I think I have already formed an opinion what is better...
WolfK33 is offline   Reply With Quote