Bonus System is a Joke! - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-26-2018, 03:05 PM   #1
Greb+
Posting Rights Suspended

Reputation power: 0
Greb is just really niceGreb is just really niceGreb is just really niceGreb is just really niceGreb is just really niceGreb is just really niceGreb is just really niceGreb is just really niceGreb is just really niceGreb is just really niceGreb is just really nice
Default Bonus System is a Joke!

So after purchasing almost every module I have 4 bucks in bonus points.....

When I purchased the Harrier I got 16 bucks now I have 4 dollars and haven't used any points on anything. I have never used points to purchase anything because these so called points are never available.

Just more BS from DCS!
Greb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 03:25 PM   #2
QuiGon
Veteran

Reputation power: 28
QuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, the bonus point system is indeed pretty bad, especially for true fans that always buy modules as soon as they are available in pre-sale. I have collected 65$ of bonus points over time and I've almost never been given the opportunity to spend them. To do so I would have to wait until modules are out of pre-sale which would keep me from playing them during Early Access

While I agree with you about on the subject, I don't agree on the wording. We have certain standards here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Rules
1.10 Product feedback and constructive criticism is encouraged when provided in a mature and courteous manner. However, feedback that is abusive, insulting or condescending is not welcome. Additionally, to bring up a particular issue repeatedly after it has already been acknowledged will be considered "trolling" - in such cases a warning will be issued to the author and the post will be removed.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 03:28 PM   #3
Temp89

Reputation power: 10
Temp89 will become famous soon enoughTemp89 will become famous soon enough

If you purchased during a sale then you won't receive bonus points, but you will save more money overall.
English Electric Lightning.
Temp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 03:36 PM   #4
QuiGon
Veteran

Reputation power: 28
QuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temp89 View Post
If you purchased during a sale then you won't receive bonus points, but you will save more money overall.
Why does it say "Bonus 16$" on the pre-sale Hornet then, which is the exact amount of bonus points I recieved for buying it?

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Last edited by QuiGon; 01-26-2018 at 03:38 PM.
QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 04:09 PM   #5
BIGNEWY
Community Manager

Reputation power: 79
BIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to behold

Bonus rules can be found here

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...t/bonus_rules/

maybe your bonus points have been sat so long they have expired?
Old 01-26-2018, 05:37 PM   #6
Cibit
Veteran

Reputation power: 47
Cibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to all

The other side of the coin. I have used bonus points on modules that I may not have bothered with otherwise. I guess in total it must equate to about 60$
I don't understand how it works completely but its better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick

Cibit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 05:44 PM   #7
shonist

Reputation power: 3
shonist has a spectacular aura aboutshonist has a spectacular aura aboutshonist has a spectacular aura aboutshonist has a spectacular aura about

indeed i think its pretty bad, i have some bucks on bonus but im sure i will never use them and that makes me loose the "good" feeling about receiving bonuses. because im sure we have a bonuss sistem to incentive money spending. so... meh...
Hopes it gets better with tmie.

edit: well... im eating my words... 70% bonus event lmao.

edti2: oh well... only for those modules that are pricey this days :o
16gb @2400
2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB
SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK
WIN 10

Last edited by shonist; 01-26-2018 at 05:48 PM.
shonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 05:58 PM   #8
John Hargreaves

Reputation power: 2
John Hargreaves has a spectacular aura aboutJohn Hargreaves has a spectacular aura aboutJohn Hargreaves has a spectacular aura about

Just a quick question on the bonus points scheme: I have $26 in bonus points, and wanted to use them in the 70% sale currently on to go towards the A-10C, currently $39.99. 70% of 39.99 is just short of $28, but the store will only let me use $12 of my points. Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dcs order.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	176753  
Old 01-26-2018, 07:01 PM   #9
HiJack
Veteran

Reputation power: 75
HiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
Just a quick question on the bonus points scheme: I have $26 in bonus points, and wanted to use them in the 70% sale currently on to go towards the A-10C, currently $39.99. 70% of 39.99 is just short of $28, but the store will only let me use $12 of my points. Any ideas?
From the rules:

"A product can be paid by use of bonuses no more than 30% (thirty percent) of the full product price. We retain the right to change this percentage at any time and at our discretion."

All the rules here:

The bonus system works perfect! Please don't screw with it.

Spoiler:

ASUS Z97-PRO, Socket-1150
Intel® Core i7-4770K Processor overclocked to @ 4.20 GHz
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133MHz CL9 4x8GB
Sapphire Radeon TRI-X R9 390X 8GB "OC"
Samsung SSD 850PRO 1TB SSD
WD 2TB Black 3,5", SATA64MB Cache, Dual Processor, 7200RPM
Windows 7 64-bit
Philips 40" 4K LED BDM4065UC, ASUS 27” and Dell 24” screens
HiJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 04:52 AM   #10
r6g457

Reputation power: 0
r6g457 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiJack View Post
From the rules:

"A product can be paid by use of bonuses no more than 30% (thirty percent) of the full product price. We retain the right to change this percentage at any time and at our discretion."

All the rules here:

The bonus system works perfect! Please don't screw with it.
So the DCS World 70% Off Bonus Event is a lie or joke?
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...58#post3368158
r6g457 is offline   Reply With Quote