60 Calendar Days 11 2.64%
90 Calendar Days 194 46.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 417. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2018, 01:43 AM   #11
shagrat
ED Translator

Reputation power: 50
shagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3WA View Post
Well, I'll say what I've said before.

DRM on this sim is WAY OVERBLOWN.

This isn't Call of Crap or ARMA. There aren't 30 million pirates plotting to pirate this sim. I can count on 1 finger the number of people I know who play flight sims. Me. And I'm a hardcore gamer.

No 12 year old pirate is going to try to steal a game that has a 700 page instruction manual. Anyone that does is going to fire it up, scream and curse trying to play it, and then toss it off their drive. As I recall, I think someone cracked A-10C years ago. It was a total failure. NO ONE wanted it.

Just put it on Steam like Arma, Call of Crap, Battlefield, and all the other Big Studio games do. It will be fine. No one is going to pirate it. You'll probably end up with a lot more customers.

Why are you so worried about kids who would never have bought from you anyway? Please your Real Customers by not overdoing the Copy Protection.

The cost of Hotas joysticks, MFDs, TrakIR, etc. alone will stop any piracy, as they really are needed to play this sim decently. Pirates are poor and won't bother spending on anything greater than a mouse.

THIS! I FREAKIN HATE Starfarce. Every time even the tiniest thing changes on my machine, I have to go looking for my Keys. It's REALLY ANNOYING!
After the recent desaster with the Meltdown and Spectre Bugs in basically all CPUs, I am actually very fond of the idea to lock my modules to a specific hardware, rather than "my account" practically only secured by a password that needs to be held in the kernel memory.

If somebody steals my hardware I need an activation, OK, but if someone steals the account/paasword... what are my options to get back access?

What I do not like about StarForce is the limitations of activations/deactivations.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.2GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat
TM HOTAS Warthog
custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |
a hand made UFC and an AHCP
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote