Yak-52B?

msalama

@vparez

Personally i think that all the new features of DCS2.5 + F/A-18(all the years in development) is not going to compensate them as a business model even if they sell this module for 100€. Its obvious that they are getting a big chunk from their military contracts, so with that said just think of it as the Yak52 is an "easier module" for them to develop and produce in which they simply get a better margin, so the more people buying it, more is being paid for future complex modules and terrains. I doubt anyone believes that 100€ can pay for an F/A-18 module to the DCS Standard.

Edited by rajdary

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
There's no point to have trainers in DCS. You cant die if you crash on a game and it will cost $0 to respawn.

you can say that about any aircraft in DCS

the YAK-52 is a well known trainer, and used by many, I even know someone who fly's one :)

It fit's perfect in the RU aircraft progression YAK > L-39 > SU-27 / MIG-29

I am happy to see it added, for me any aircraft is welcome, but adding the YAK is a bonus as it was already part of ED's inventory.

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

it is part of a professional effort they had already started.

... and have possibly finished ;)

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

I am happy to see it added, for me any aircraft is welcome, but adding the YAK is a bonus as it was already part of ED's inventory.

my words.

every plane is welcome in my hangar, it doesn't matter where it come from or which aircraft type. #openthehangardoors :D ;)

• Like 2

my words.

every plane is welcome in my hangar, it doesn't matter where it come from or which aircraft type. #openthehangardoors :D ;)

Amen, I'm with you brother! can I get a hallelujah.... :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

don't get into delusion that it didn't affect other things for DCS that we're waiting for.

This.

It's also worth reminding that if you're not excited by a module, then don't buy it.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I have to admit, it was not the first aircraft on my wishlist, but after thinking about it, I believe the Yak-52 is a great addition to DCS.

Thanks ED!

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

Personally, I think it will be an interesting addition, but when you say:

But don't get into delusion that it didn't affect other things for DCS that we're waiting for.

I say - No, don't.

If it is the case that it was commissioned by a third party, then it's guaranteed revenue.

E.D. is run as a business.

If it fails at that, it disappears, and no new projects happen.

Therefore, even if you have no personal interest in the plane:

Private Yak-52 = brighter future for DCS.World (including, as you said, "other things for DCS that we're waiting for")

Cheers.

But don't get into delusion that it didn't affect other things for DCS that we're waiting for.

ED aren't half a dozen people working in someones living room though. With the size of them (50+) and based on all the other stuff they've told us, there's definitely a seperation between production and core development internally.

Based on my own experience of being a software dev, it's fairly common for core dev to be focused on adding a new feature/tooling for production to use for a specific client/customer, while the production team will happily be cranking out work for other clients/customers who don't need said feature.

Can't see how the Yak-52 is requiring many new features that aren't already in DCS, it's not exactly a technology heavy airplane.

The only thing that springs to mind is the model for the radial engine, but they might have already done a lot of that work behind the scenes for the P-47.

In what aspect ?

because it has a radial and I will buy it. along with scores of other people. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean any body else will. you make it sound lie the only two people ED has are not working on the module you want. :|

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I guess a radial engine plane is a big new feature... Guess its gonna be a true game-changer.

I prefer to worry about nitpicking details and nuances such as a-g radar and a dedicated server... You know, the extreme niche aspects... /end sarcasm

ED aren't half a dozen people working in someones living room though. With the size of them (50+) and based on all the other stuff they've told us, there's definitely a seperation between production and core development internally.

Based on my own experience of being a software dev, it's fairly common for core dev to be focused on adding a new feature/tooling for production to use for a specific client/customer, while the production team will happily be cranking out work for other clients/customers who don't need said feature.

I did not say anything about core team or new features needed for the Yak, read the post that you're quoting, there's my answer for you.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil WarBRD, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

The underlying fact here is that ED are a company that make their own decisions for any number of reasons.

You therefore have 2 basic options if you're not happy with that (apart from the usual "let's whine about ED" approach, which frankly is so long winded, we could have gotten together and designed, researched and built our own PFM/ASM F-16 by now!).

The first option - vote with your wallet, and either buy or don't buy the Yak-52. If you do or don't is hardly a subject any one else has the slightest interest in.

The second option - buy ED, and then you can run the company however YOU choose. Until you do so, they are an independent, free thinking, commercially successful (we hope) organisation, that can do whatever the hell it likes regarding how it develops it's products and allocates it's resources.

Like it, or don't like it, the Yak-52 is coming.

I know in every private's knapsack there is a field marshals baton according to some old quote, but I wasn't aware that in every janitors lunchbox there was also a boardroom table!

• Like 3

In what aspect ?

Because of my experience with the Albatros so far.

At first, I thought: "bleh, a trainer, not interesting", but after a while I got intrigued and bought it anyway. Now after actually buying and flying it, it has become one of my favourites.

I suspect the same might be with the Yak.

There is a good reason why actual air force pilots progress from a basic trainer (such as the Yak) to an advanced trainer (such as the Albatros) to a fighter (such as the MiG-21). In the Sim community, the progression seems to be the other way (start with F-22, then F-15, then A-10, then the more interesting aircraft :D), probably because you can't die in a Sim.

IRL, the Yak seems a very popular aircraft, so I guess it would be a very pleasant aircraft to fly in DCS as well.

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

because it has a radial and I will buy it. along with scores of other people. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean any body else will. you make it sound lie the only two people ED has are not working on the module you want. :|

Zius made an interesting answer, presenting me an unexpected perspective that helps me to adjust my mind. Thanks Zius.

But your reaction, plus the one with the dog meme and some private feedback I got both with the F word as the main theme, just confirm that I put my finger on something you're ashamed of.

I can't deny that the Yak-52 got some charm but I'm sure I'll not play with it more that 20 minutes. Why should I be proud to waste my money then? BTW there is no "i can't wait" or "I'm so excited" here so I guess I have overreacted.

The modules I want are just the ones we normally expect for DCS, announced and awaited for years, and it's not just modules, but many core features that have be needed for a dozen years. I presume this way of thinking is less tolerated here… So we should be happy and think positive that ED is in serious need in money to the point to release spared old projects like this in despair. Yes, I would be glad to try DCS: blimp or DCS: cropduster for 50 bucks each, such modules are always welcome in my a… err… hangar

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module