Mission score

EDIT: I uploaded the wrong mission before. Sorry.

I have this mission where flag 2 being true sets 50 points but the score is never given even after the flag is true I put a FLAG 2 check to see if the bug is related to the mission score.

It is.

Thanks.

UH-1H_Expert_Night_SAR test.miz

Edited by JohnnyQ

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

EDIT: I uploaded the wrong mission before. Sorry.

I have this mission where flag 2 being true sets 50 points but the score is never given even after the flag is true I put a FLAG 2 check to see if the bug is related to the mission score.

It is.

Thanks.

Checked your first upload before you put this one here, The score is recorded but not displayed correctly, this has been a random bug for quite a while, so I suspect it will be the same for this new mission, if you have a message to show when flag 2 = true and it displays and your score is set to Flag 2 = True (50 points), then it will set 50 even though it doesn't show up.

If you have the results screen open using the ' key next to the ENTER key, before the event happens in mission, ie Flag 2=true, it will usually display the result 50 correctly, if the results screen isn't open, it may or may not show the result correctly when using the ' key, but on mission completion and the Briefing / results are shown, you will see that the correct result has been recorded (barring any faults in flag logic in mission of course).

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Checked your first upload before you put this one here, The score is recorded but not displayed correctly, this has been a random bug for quite a while, so I suspect it will be the same for this new mission, if you have a message to show when flag 2 = true and it displays and your score is set to Flag 2 = True (50 points), then it will set 50 even though it doesn't show up.

If you have the results screen open using the ' key next to the ENTER key, before the event happens in mission, ie Flag 2=true, it will usually display the result 50 correctly, if the results screen isn't open, it may or may not show the result correctly when using the ' key, but on mission completion and the Briefing / results are shown, you will see that the correct result has been recorded (barring any faults in flag logic in mission of course).

Regards, Ian.

Hi Ian,

Didi you check the current one (the correct one)? The first one I uploaded was actually working 100% fine.

The actual one its not accounting for the correct result for mission completion.

Edited by Piston85

Hi Ian,

Didi you check the current one (the correct one)? The first one I uploaded was actually working 100% fine.

The actual one its not accounting for the correct result for mission completion.

I have exactly the same issue with both missions in that mission result is not always displayed correctly, first run of mission on fresh start of DCS works, but not duplicate run through of same mission with out reloading DCS from scratch. Might also be due to me using AI to test with and accelerating time quite a bit, doesn't register properly may haps.

I have modified the second mission a bit, so I could test more easy with AI flying Players Huey and correcting the completed mission triggering correctly:

1. Modified the trigger zone radii as they are way to small, you are asked to hover with in 50 meters of target ship, but you have radius at 10m, similar with Carrier, radius to small, have to make as large as the carrier is long, several hundred meters (300m as quick guess) so when landing anywhere on carrier is valid, also added speed and height requirements to the huey so that mission complete is done on touch down with zero speed in the vertical and horizontal and 22m deck height
  2. Also made triggers references from "Target in zone" to Target in moving Zone" and linked to correct ship - this makes sure the target zone will follow the ships if they do move and be perfectly aligned from their centers.
  3. Put in a couple of extra Huey (Player) waypoints to program AI to fly in zone for required time to pick up rescue dudes.
  4. Added False flag = 3 condition to Fail trigger to stop failing message displaying and ending mission when you have actually completed it successfully by rescue and landing and then dematerializing.
  5. Mission still suffers from not showing 50 score on rescue, but displays score of 100 when landing on the carrier (This is what has been happening to me for years with DCS 1.5 and a great deal of the missions I have repaired).

Hope this of some help to ya.

Regards, Ian.

Test - UH-1H_Expert_Night_SAR_fixed.miz

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

I have exactly the same issue with both missions in that mission result is not always displayed correctly, first run of mission on fresh start of DCS works, but not duplicate run through of same mission with out reloading DCS from scratch. Might also be due to me using AI to test with and accelerating time quite a bit, doesn't register properly may haps.

I have modified the second mission a bit, so I could test more easy with AI flying Players Huey and correcting the completed mission triggering correctly:

1. Modified the trigger zone radii as they are way to small, you are asked to hover with in 50 meters of target ship, but you have radius at 10m, similar with Carrier, radius to small, have to make as large as the carrier is long, several hundred meters (300m as quick guess) so when landing anywhere on carrier is valid, also added speed and height requirements to the huey so that mission complete is done on touch down with zero speed in the vertical and horizontal and 22m deck height
  2. Also made triggers references from "Target in zone" to Target in moving Zone" and linked to correct ship - this makes sure the target zone will follow the ships if they do move and be perfectly aligned from their centers.
  3. Put in a couple of extra Huey (Player) waypoints to program AI to fly in zone for required time to pick up rescue dudes.
  4. Added False flag = 3 condition to Fail trigger to stop failing message displaying and ending mission when you have actually completed it successfully by rescue and landing and then dematerializing.
  5. Mission still suffers from not showing 50 score on rescue, but displays score of 100 when landing on the carrier (This is what has been happening to me for years with DCS 1.5 and a great deal of the missions I have repaired).

Hope this of some help to ya.

Regards, Ian.

+1

I havent realized that the landing zone was SO small and was impossible to reach. :doh:

That solved my problem.

Thanks a lot sir.

Edited by Piston85

So the only bug here is that it not always shows the results points, right? But it always calculate them in the background.

In my experience, that is correct, the more you replay the same mission in succession and or use time acceleration will cause the issue more (Usually only doing this when testing missions anyway).

If it didn't calculate results correctly, people playing all of the campaigns out there would be complaining about not being able to advance to the next missions.

Regards, Ian.

DCS Tech Support.