Bf109K4 Doesn't stall. - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-13-2016, 01:40 PM   #1
Solty

Exclamation Bf109K4 Doesn't stall.

My friend who owns the module, but is not able to write here, has noticed that the Me109K is impossible to stall. The airplane only falls down when not enough speed is available. He used full stick deflection during the test.

It doesn't look right at all.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.
My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyA..._Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Last edited by Solty; 11-13-2016 at 01:43 PM.
Solty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 01:42 PM   #2
Nate--IRL--
Veteran

Would need to see the control indicator in that Vid - while his joystick might be fully deflected - in game it may not be.

Nate
Old 11-13-2016, 01:45 PM   #3
Solty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate--IRL-- View Post
Would need to see the control indicator in that Vid - while his joystick might be fully deflected - in game it may not be.

Nate
It doesn't matter, the airplane is capable of flying in the air below stalling speed and at very high AoA at that. It recovers in level flight and never even realy drops a wing. The only thing that makes it roll is the torque of the engine.

It just falls down to the ground. if there is not enough speed. Stall and spin do not occur.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.
My channel:
Old 11-13-2016, 01:58 PM   #4
9./JG27 DavidRed

i would love to have people make bug reports who actually own the module and know it...of course the 109 stalls and drops wings if angle of attack is too hig or speed is too slow.

one thing to keep in mind is, that the stick forces of the 109 are implemented in a way, that the pilot has a hard time to fully deflect the stick or rudder even at speeds of ~200kph.

Last edited by 9./JG27 DavidRed; 11-13-2016 at 02:02 PM.
9./JG27 DavidRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 02:04 PM   #5
Solty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9./JG27 DavidRed View Post
i would love to have people make bug reports who actually own the module and know it...of course the 109 stalls and drops wings if angle of attack is too hig or speed is too slow.

one thing to keep in mind is, that the stick forces of the 109 are implemented in a way, that the pilot has a hard time to fully deflect the stick or rudder even at speeds of ~200kph.
It would be great if people that own the module actually did their own research and knew what they are talking about. Also, we can clearly see the stick travel in Scharfi's video, it's fully deflected back and right and the airplane is gaining speed because it is pulmeting but still holds its attitude.

The airplane clearly doesn't stall, and my friend couldn't make the thread because he is already banned.

If you want to buy me a copy of Me109, please go ahead, but as long as you do not, we will have do that stuff through proxy.

Anyway, both Scharfi's and my friend's videos show clearly that the plane doesn't stall even with the nose up attitude and stick held back, nearly acomplishing Cobra maneuvers of the Su27.

My channel:

Last edited by Solty; 11-13-2016 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-13-2016, 02:08 PM   #6
9./JG27 DavidRed

go buy yourself copy if you want to appear credible. i see people stalling the 109 every day.so research done.
and 1 more time,... due to how the stickforces are implemented, its very hard for the virtual pilot to oversteer the plane even at low speeds...thats probably more the problem than the fm itself.

Last edited by 9./JG27 DavidRed; 11-13-2016 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-13-2016, 02:11 PM   #7
GrapeJam

Quote:
go buy yourself copy if you want to appear credible. i see people stalling the 109 every day.so research done.

Wouldn't be too hard for you to make a video of yourself stalling the 109, right?
GrapeJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 02:16 PM   #8
9./JG27 DavidRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeJam View Post
Wouldn't be too hard for you to make a video of yourself stalling the 109, right?
for what? to convince you? i have better things to do....also, im sure the devs will look into it. is the 109 perfect?probably not...is it possbile to stall?...hell yeah
Old 11-13-2016, 02:30 PM   #9
GrapeJam

Quote:
for what? to convince you? i have better things to do....also, im sure the devs will look into it. is the 109 perfect?probably not...is it possbile to stall?...hell yeah
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Surely you could spare 15 minutes to make a video, instead of hours arguing on the forums?
GrapeJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 04:37 PM   #10
Solty

My friend made another test with power off:
https://youtu.be/MKexcVYbY04

My channel:

Last edited by Solty; 11-13-2016 at 04:39 PM.

Tags
109, bug, no stall