How to change color of target icon? (color blind to red and green color) - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-04-2016, 02:38 AM   #21
guitarxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliptal View Post
I took a look around the TAD script files but didn't see anything that may help with this. I'm afraid the symbols are images with hardcoded colors.
Nah, that can't be right... if you look at the TGA files they are all white, so the color must be applied elsewhere...

edit:
There's a materials.lua file that looks like it defines materials (colours) for a whole bunch of stuff, like this:

Quote:
materials["INDICATION_COMMON_WHITE"] = {255, 255, 255, 255}
materials["INDICATION_COMMON_GREY"] = {245, 245, 245, 255}
materials["INDICATION_COMMON_DARK_GREY"] = {100, 100, 100, 255}
materials["INDICATION_COMMON_RED"] = {255, 0, 0, 255}
materials["INDICATION_COMMON_GREEN"] = {0, 255, 0, 255}
materials["INDICATION_COMMON_BLUE"] = {0, 0, 255, 255}
materials["INDICATION_COMMON_BLACK"] = {0, 0, 0, 255, 255}
materials["INDICATION_COMMON_AMBER"] = {255,161,45,100}
materials["CMS_GREEN"] = {118, 249, 31, 255}
materials["MFCD_BLUE"] = {100, 100, 255, 255}
materials["MFCD_GREEN"] = {0, 255, 0, 255}
materials["MFCD_RED"] = {255, 0, 0, 255}
materials["MFCD_WHITE"] = {255, 255, 255, 255}
materials["MFCD_YELLOW"] = {255, 255, 0, 255}
I didn't go through the whole file, but I already see "MFCD_GREEN" and "MFCD_RED". I tried changing "MFCD_GREEN" to Fuchsia (that's like purple) and it seems to be working, see my screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/cVdgx9d.jpg

So it looks like you should be able to change up the colours on the MFCD and a whole bunch elsewhere to whatever you want.
bofhlusr, do you know how to use HEX colour codes? If not let me know and I can help explain to you how to set these up to whatever coloursyou want.

The file is located at \DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts

Last edited by guitarxe; 03-04-2016 at 02:47 AM. Reason: more info
guitarxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 04:42 PM   #22
davebert

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarxe View Post
Nah, that can't be right... if you look at the TGA files they are all white, so the color must be applied elsewhere...

edit:
There's a materials.lua file that looks like it defines materials (colours) for a whole bunch of stuff, like this:

I didn't go through the whole file, but I already see "MFCD_GREEN" and "MFCD_RED". I tried changing "MFCD_GREEN" to Fuchsia (that's like purple) and it seems to be working, see my screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/cVdgx9d.jpg

So it looks like you should be able to change up the colours on the MFCD and a whole bunch elsewhere to whatever you want.
bofhlusr, do you know how to use HEX colour codes? If not let me know and I can help explain to you how to set these up to whatever coloursyou want.

The file is located at \DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts

I needed to bump this as I am also color blind and need to be able to change the color of the red dots that designate targets that are visible (to everybody except us color blind flyers) before the labels show. I am flying the F/A-18C and trying to use the AGM65F and cannot do it very well if I can't see the targets. Does anybody know if the info in this thread works and if so, what is the name of the "red dots" that designate the target?
Thanks,
Dave
davebert is offline   Reply With Quote