Bf 109 K-4 skins contest - Page 9 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 10:27 AM   #81
Racoon
Staff

Anyone could have opinion on any question, but there is a law in some countries.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:52 PM   #82
Reflected
3rd Party Campaign Creator

I know the contest is closed, I'd just like to share this one with all 109 lovers

István "Koponya" (The Skull) Fábián, RHAF

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/1856692/

Last edited by Reflected; 04-14-2016 at 09:15 AM.
Old 04-16-2016, 12:32 AM   #83
Leo***

Although it is closed... this is my creation... Based on the real Bf-109 which flew in the Spanish Air Force during 40´s

Old 04-16-2016, 07:43 AM   #84
Mainstay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmckay View Post
Hey guys, I’m glad about this contest and as I see many new and very nice skins for K4 have been posted here, really good job.. but there is one little detail that is I must say is kind of avoided or neglected. You probably guess its swastika symbol. Personally, I really got no slightest sympathy for Nazi regime and swastika symbol itself and its real life 'importance'. Its copyrights have never been transferred from Indian culture to the XX. century Germany so actually there is no originality of German swastika at first place, nevertheless, that symbol was part of historian contest and reflection of trend at certain time point in past and since DCS is actually virtual simulator encapsulating high fidelity and realism there is concern that this 'high fidelity' is kind of degraded due to perpetrated avoiding of this symbol from being used on skin replicas of WW2 German fighter planes in DCS. I don’t know is this case due to game rating but if we take a look at other 'virtual' entertainment products like movies (Inglorious Bastards, even Star Trek had Nazis with swastikas), National Geographic documentaries or even some early games (Duke Nuke’m) this symbol have had minor or no impact on real life of average gamer or user because everybody knows its virtual and not real at all. So, my opinion is, regarding of any political or ideological impact, that this 'forbidden' symbol should be used in case of replicating high-fidelity skins made for WW2 German planes in contest of reality of time we want to go back to. I say, my intention is not to hurt anyone's feelings but it's been quite long since this symbol was identification of real life movement and correlating with 'neglecting' logic we could go back or forth in time even more and forbid many more symbols used in negative connotation but if we want to replicate details and accurate timely environment we should be as much genuine and with as much high fidelity as we can. What is your opinion on this question?
I won't make liveries without the historical correct symbols. Should we ban the cross as well because I think the crusaders were offending?
Governments can say and put up laws all they want but this doesn't mean every man can think for himself. What is offending for one doesn't mean it's offending for thousands of others. Context plays a very big role here. We play a simulation and we try to simulate an authentic world with airplanes of all sorts and nations, time frames etc. With includes planes from the luftwaffe.

In the end I just think people should think for themselves and decide whether they want a livery or not. No harm done. But I think any form of government censorship is bad.
ED decided to hold a contest for liveries without the swastika. I respect their choice but I disagree.
Old 04-16-2016, 09:38 AM   #85
SlipBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainstay View Post
I won't make liveries without the historical correct symbols. Should we ban the cross as well because I think the crusaders were offending?
Governments can say and put up laws all they want but this doesn't mean every man can think for himself. What is offending for one doesn't mean it's offending for thousands of others. Context plays a very big role here. We play a simulation and we try to simulate an authentic world with airplanes of all sorts and nations, time frames etc. With includes planes from the luftwaffe.

In the end I just think people should think for themselves and decide whether they want a livery or not. No harm done. But I think any form of government censorship is bad.
ED decided to hold a contest for liveries without the swastika. I respect their choice but I disagree.

While I agree with you, the problem is that some nations passed laws against showing the symbol so ED is obliged to follow
Old 04-16-2016, 12:28 PM   #86
Nascar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainstay View Post

Deleting the swastika is just an edit to the description.lua. Not a big deal really.

{"Bf-109K-4_KIL_CROSS", DECAL ,"bf-109k-4_cross",true};
Old 04-16-2016, 12:50 PM   #87
Nascar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racoon View Post
With one additional day the first stage of the contest is closed. We are very appreciated to all participants.
Jponti, Nascar and Uthaesdis please upload your skins (not only screens) to user files section on this site.
My skins are in the user files under other. I believe I uploaded them before the site had an option for the K4.

Author Nascar88
skins: K4 Hellhound
K4 HellhoundV2

Note: these skins have been up a while and have the swastika enabled. If need be I can just edit it out in the description.lua. and reupload.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:06 PM   #88
snowsniper

so what about the contest result ? will there be a pool to everyone, or a special jury like in "the voice" with a bumper ?

all my skins :

here
Spoiler:
Core i7-4790 @ 3.6- 4GHz - 16GB
- nVidia RTX 2070 - 2xSSD -
GRANDIN TV screen 39" in 1920x1080 cockpit scale 1:1
- MS FFB2 Joystick
- DIY MIDI Throttle with 14 analogic sliders and knobs
- Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
Old 04-19-2016, 08:28 AM   #89
KIZIR_77

Hi,
Racoon, can we have some news about the skins contest? Thank you in advance for your answer.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:45 AM   #90
Racoon
Staff

Ok. Because I can't make proper voting within the forum there is a form based on google docs.

http://goo.gl/forms/Aa8jwRd9NQ

Feel free to vote for any skins you like.
(show me how many friends you have)))

Last edited by Racoon; 04-19-2016 at 09:50 AM.
Closed Thread