llya on cross capatibility of aircraft

SlipBall

“SlipBall

llya, will people who pledge at the 40.- level, be able to fly the Dora in WWll and also in World when the game is released?...thanks for the reply"

Sep. 23, 2013 on DCS WWII: Europe 1944.

This has been bothering some folks, so here is the answer to the question:

Creator Ilya Shevchenko 24 minutes ago

Hey folks,

We're finally getting through to the general gaming public, as it seems. Now that the kickstarter hit the initial goal, I guess more people are taking notice.

I know I promised an airplane video last week, and the clock is really ticking, but I'm too much of a perfectionist. I feel like I've been in labor for days, and I've finally gone with a C-section. We actually did an almost complete reshoot today. We recorded a very long very detailed conversation between our two main aircraft experts, and I'll probably just release it as is with minimal edits. Just need to subtitle everything.

Then, prepare yourselves, I'm going to release another video that has been gathering dust for a long time, a video intended for gamers that do not generally fly flight sims in order to try to convert them to the genre.

Now onto some answers.

Mysticpuma: I'd love to get your help with a more oomphy trailer. Your work is awesome. However, I'm not sure how we can really create a good trailer with what we have. The unofficial trailer I've seen cannot be made official for a very unpleasant reason. I'm unable to use any portion of my old work for my new project. If you noticed, I'm not even allowed to mention the name of the series I've worked on. That really clips our wings, because at this time we can basically either use existing P-51 / Dora footage from DCS, or have some talking heads.

SlipBall: Yes, you'd be able to fly your plane in both platforms

Zoltann: There is a banner for the KS on the main DCS page, down to the left. I agree that it's not very visible. I'll work to have a press release up there or something.

And there's no reference to our old work because we're not allowed to even mention the name. Tough, but totally outside my control.

Jeroen: OK, I'll create that pledge. Good idea, thanks!

Edited by GT 5.0