-= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-

IronJockel

-= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-  

160 members have voted

1. 1. -= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-

• Yes
    • No

That's something new! I'll look into it and other issues as well once I'm back from vacation.

Same problem again today. MiG-21s unable to load missiles in phone booth.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we get rid of spectator view on this server. You can see all planes.

Can do this by just editing options file in mission. Change this part

[ ["difficulty"] =

{

["fuel"] = false,

["labels"] = false,

["cockpitStatusBarAllowed"] = false,

["map"] = true,

["easyRadar"] = false,

["tips"] = true,

["miniHUD"] = false,

["easyFlight"] = false,

["birds"] = 0,

["optionsView"] = "optview_all",

["permitCrash"] = false,

["immortal"] = false,

["easyCommunication"] = false,

["cockpitVisualRM"] = false,

["externalViews"] = true, <------- Change to false

["reports"] = true,

["hideStick"] = false,

["radio"] = false,

["avionicsLanguage"] = "english",

["userSnapView"] = true,

["spectatorExternalViews"] = true,

["cockpitLanguage"] = "english",

["SpectatorExternalViews"] = true,

["userMarks"] = true,

["units"] = "metric",

["impostors"] = "large",

["iconsTheme"] = "russian",

["setGlobal"] = true,

["weapons"] = false,

["padlock"] = false,

["geffect"] = "realistic",

/QUOTE]

Edited by mia389

Can we get rid of spectator view on this server. You can see all planes.

well if we can make sure AWACS is not shoot down by either the enemy or ..more often by a member of the same team.

otherwise you can just esc-Disconnect once you loose awacs

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

could you two please share your Ingame names, so i can ask you to fly Formation with the Awacs and protect it for 3 hours while i attack the target area? thanks

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Arrange HAVCAP flights if you can, ask for FORCAP if you will and definitely do MIGCAPs :P

If the server is empty that's another story.

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

I hope that I'm not confusing the server :). Assuming that not, please remove the view settings related to the cockpit view from the mission files. They override the user settings, including the FOV.

If needed, the detailed description of the procedure can be found at the the end of this page: http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Snap_views

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

i guess you confuse it with the "throu the inferno" server, never had the SnapView problem here (coldwar) but constantly on the TtI- server.

drives one nuts...

i guess you confuse it with the "throu the inferno" server, never had the SnapView problem here (coldwar) but constantly on the TtI- server.

drives one nuts...

+1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

In order to reduce chances of team kills, and increase confidence to get stuck in, what are peoples thoughts on restricting the liveries available, keeping a general colour scheme per side?

Only if you get veeery close you'd be able to make out the schemes. But long before that you should be able to distinguish between an A-10 and a Su-25, a Viggen/F-5 and a MiG-21 otherwise you shouldn't really be on multiplayer. Last time I had a teamkill myself was some weeks ago and only because I was lazy to get closer and IFF properly. All I saw was a dot with stubs coming out of it and still took the shot! Such kind of teamkills is very rare and ought to happen just like in reality. The other noobish kind of teamkilling is simply due to poor knowledge and experience. I can't ban players for that until they get better.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

absolutely, there are a lot of tells from the silhouette and behavior of the target that [should] reveal themselves long before you can resolve the paint schemes. at the edge of visual range you should in fact be able to suss out whether its a f-5 or mig just by how faint the speck is.

Only if you get veeery close you'd be able to make out the schemes. But long before that you should be able to distinguish between an A-10 and a Su-25, a Viggen/F-5 and a MiG-21 otherwise you shouldn't really be on multiplayer. Last time I had a teamkill myself was some weeks ago and only because I was lazy to get closer and IFF properly. All I saw was a dot with stubs coming out of it and still took the shot! Such kind of teamkills is very rare and ought to happen just like in reality. The other noobish kind of teamkilling is simply due to poor knowledge and experience. I can't ban players for that until they get better.

Thanks for the response, not suggesting anyone get banned! :) Just thinking out loud, my prob is sometimes with Viggen and Mig 21, and yes can get up close enough for pos ID, but after a recent near miss have become paranoid! Can see that there might be only a marginal benefit in grey vs camo for instance, but not sure there would be any downside to having it this way...Either way missions are great, for me the best place to fly F-5

absolutely, there are a lot of tells from the silhouette and behavior of the target that [should] reveal themselves long before you can resolve the paint schemes. at the edge of visual range you should in fact be able to suss out whether its a f-5 or mig just by how faint the speck is.

I wonder if this is less so in VR...maybe not

Thanks for the response, not suggesting anyone get banned! :) Just thinking out loud, my prob is sometimes with Viggen and Mig 21, and yes can get up close enough for pos ID, but after a recent near miss have become paranoid! Can see that there might be only a marginal benefit in grey vs camo for instance, but not sure there would be any downside to having it this way...Either way missions are great, for me the best place to fly F-5

Glad you like the server. Although it's called Cold War and should only have a place for the F-5 you dearly fly and the MiG-21 I kinda gave the Viggen the chance to also participate in this war scenario to give pilots the opportunity of enjoying this great module that might be lost elsewhere in multiplayer. Adding the strikers, helicopters and trainers is yet another example of giving these modules the chance to fly against less capable fighters/interceptors rather than facing Su-27's, F-15's and Mirages most of the time.

Have fun!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

rule of thumb: if you can see the livery, you are to close :)

9/10 times IFF is figuring out what those 5 by 5 black dots on the horizon mean.

and, if you are realy fancy get on TS and simply ask "hey guys, is someone in a Mig21 over maykop" or even more fancy ask the GCI, because even if someone teamkilled the awacs again he can still tell you if you are aiming at a Friendly or open sky.

so yea best IFF is Comunication and checking the players pool. if the enemy dont have any f86...you probably scaring the hell out of an Mig15 pilot right now, manouvering into his 6 o'clock :)

Edited by Nero.ger

rule of thumb: if you can see the livery, you are to close :)

9/10 times IFF is figuring out what those 5 by 5 black dots on the horizon mean.

and, if you are realy fancy get on TS and simply ask "hey guys, is someone in a Mig21 over maykop" or even more fancy ask the GCI, because even if someone teamkilled the awacs again he can still tell you if you are aiming at a Friendly or open sky.

so yea best IFF is Comunication and checking the players pool. if the enemy dont have any f86...you probably scaring the hell out of an Mig15 pilot right know manouvering into his 6 o'clock :)

Good point about the F-86 and the MiG-15. Very hard to distinguish. You really need to get too close and hope to see some yellow stripes on his wings or some red stars. In such a case human GCI is a great help!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Current mission which just started is broken.

RED team can takeoff from Kutaisi but not rearm as it is a blue airport. We need to slowboat to northern airports fro rearming

Can an admin restart the server with a new mission please?

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

Current mission which just started is broken.

RED team can takeoff from Kutaisi but not rearm as it is a blue airport. We need to slowboat to northern airports fro rearming

Can an admin restart the server with a new mission please?

What mission is that?! Red can spawn at a Blue base, you say?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

What mission is that?! Red can spawn at a Blue base, you say?

I truly couldn't find any mission name.

Red team is supposed to spawn at Kutaisi (and we actually can), but base is listed as blue on f10 map. We can't rearm or refuel.

Someone managed to move some troops and apparently Kutaisi became red, but i read someone in chat complaining for more things, like friendly sam shooting.

I can't give you more info as I had to close for now

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

I was wondering if we could have L-39ZA on this server without the gun camera, as it serves no purpose and merely obstructs the view. I have the option selected on my L-39 special tab, but it affects only SP not MP. I assume that to the get a dismounted gun camera the server needs to select this option. Would you consider it?

I was wondering if we could have L-39ZA on this server without the gun camera, as it serves no purpose and merely obstructs the view. I have the option selected on my L-39 special tab, but it affects only SP not MP. I assume that to the get a dismounted gun camera the server needs to select this option. Would you consider it?

Sure, why not. Where can I find this option for MP?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Sure, why not. Where can I find this option for MP?

Dear Alpenwolf,

I am not sure if it will work, but if on the PC that is running this server someone could on the L-39 special tab in the Gun Camera drop out menu select Dismounted, that could do the trick.