DCS: A-10C Warthog RICARDO's "Horse of War" HD Worn Cockpit Mod

I used this mod when I flew the A-10 ages and it is excellent, but back then there was an issue with flying at night with internal lights on that borked the clock texture. Did this ever get resolved does anyone know? Cheers

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I would say it is not clear...
Thanks so much for feedback. Ok then, could you please suggest some words to make it more clear? I'll try to fix my words in ReadMe text. Thank you.

I used this mod when I flew the A-10 ages and it is excellent, but back then there was an issue with flying at night with internal lights on that borked the clock texture. Did this ever get resolved does anyone know? Cheers
I think it's solved. Could you please check the changelog? Thanks.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 3 months later...

Hi Devrim,

Thanks for all your hard work with your fantastic mods!

I have a question about JSGME. When I try to enable more than one cockpit mod, for example, "DEVRiM Ka-50 Ricardo's HD Blue Cockpit" AND "DEVRiM Mi-8MTV2 English Cockpit Mod v1.9.5" I get a warning from JSGME that says:

Folder "Liveries" has already been added by the "DEVRiM Ka-50 Ricardo's HD Blue Cockpit" mod. Enabling this mod *may* have adverse effects on your game. Are you sure you wish to enable this mod?

What should I do? Select Yes or No? Or have I done something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Hi. Thank you for kind words.

That message from JGSME is nonsense actually because, both mods' files will go different location, and those mods won't interfere each other but Liveries folder is the main level for almost all cockpit mods. JGSME may not able to handle with it but, as a result you should say "yes."

On the other hand, I advice you to use OvGME, not JGSME. At least OvGME won't make problem like this.

See you mate.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys.

With Ricardo's permission, I adapted his famous work to DCS World's new folder structure (and added a description lua for Customize Cockpit feature) without touching any textures, of course.

I think it's not necessary to explain his mod. :)

icon2.gif DOWNLOAD: DCS: A-10C Warthog RICARDO's "Horse of War" HD Worn Cockpit Mod v1.2.6 Updated: 09/23/2017

PLEASE DO NOT CREATE MIRROR LINKS FOR THIS MOD.

icon2.gif ADD-ON: You may also want to check Watermanpc's work on canopy frame. Click here to see the post.

this is really cool!! thanks for your work on this!!

Download My F15c Radar Cheat Sheet Here

http://imgur.com/a/sxGoA

i7 6700 @4.2 | 32gb DDR4 ram | asus hero VIII | strix 1080Ti

VMA-223 Bulldogs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|

• 1 month later...

Unfortunatly this MOD seems to be some kind of brocken.

The textures are very blury after the new 2.5.1 OB Update...

Maybe ED changed something?

Regards

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

and boy does it look great!!

You may need to adjust the gamma setting. The default setting is way to bright and wipes out most of the color.

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

• 4 weeks later...

Does this mod take away the green HUD color on purpose, or did something go wrong?

I only have black now for day, and switching to night gives orange.

EDIT: Disregard, seems game somehow got corrupt, verified game files, and back to Green/Orange w/Mod and w/o. All goodie.

Edited by KilrBe3

It should work without any problem.

Please read the ReadMe.txt for installing instructions.

Have fun.

• 1 month later...

You're welcome mate. Have fun. :)

Wow, not got a very high spec system, and been playing the Hornet. Came back to the Hog and the cockpit looked like shit. I can not read a damn thing.

Found this, and it changes the game for me. Absolutely fantastic. The A-10C feels like a new bird. I wish I had found this when I first got into DCS. I don't know how much work and effort you put into this, but that you so much for doing it, this really is tops.

(This should be the default skin for the Hog in DCS)

Hi Ross.

Thanks for your words. All credits go to Ricardo. I'm just doing updates and some fixes. That's all. This masterpiece belongs to Ricardo.

Meanwhile, finally dear ED has started to make an update on A-10C's and KA-50's cockpit. I (we) hope they will do a grate job.

• 4 weeks later...
Wow, not got a very high spec system, and been playing the Hornet. Came back to the Hog and the cockpit looked like shit. I can not read a damn thing.

Found this, and it changes the game for me. Absolutely fantastic. The A-10C feels like a new bird. I wish I had found this when I first got into DCS. I don't know how much work and effort you put into this, but that you so much for doing it, this really is tops.

(This should be the default skin for the Hog in DCS)

hah! Same here!

Been playing the F18, and I wanted to do some ground pounding so I took interest in the A10 again... I was like man this cockpit looks outdated lol... did a search and found this. Will be installing this tonight! Pretty excited!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the MOD. I need some help about how to install...in my system there is no "C:\Users\{your-user-name}\Saved Games\DCS" folder,

I have a "C:\Users\{your-user-name}\AppData|Local\DCS" folder, tried to install livery folder into it but didn't work.

Any Help?

You use Steam version?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Installing now for giving it a try on VR

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

• 7 months later...
Hi Ross.

Thanks for your words. All credits go to Ricardo. I'm just doing updates and some fixes. That's all. This masterpiece belongs to Ricardo.

Meanwhile, finally dear ED has started to make an update on A-10C's and KA-50's cockpit. I (we) hope they will do a grate job.

Great job with the updates Devrim. I know ED is going to release a significant cockpit geometry/art update for the A-10C. With all the simultaneous projects ED is working on (Hornet/Viper), this could be a long. Would you be able to release another update with the correct grey color over the top of the instrument panel? If you could, that would be absolutely amazing. Thanks!

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5