MIG 23MLA capabilities - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-10-2020, 01:55 PM   #71
Airhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonFox View Post
It's still a shame we couldn't get the MLD version. That said, the Flogger will be a thorn to Blue in MP if leveraged correctly, especially in hit and run tactics.
It's going to be wonderful and way more effective than most people think. In the right hands that is.
Airhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 02:02 PM   #72
Avimimus

I'm curious - what is the first variant of the Mig-23 that had a fire control system allowing it to mix IR and SAR missiles in its loadout (apparently the early ones could only carry either 2xR-23T or 2xR-23R but not a mix)?
Avimimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 05:03 PM   #73
JunMcKill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avimimus View Post
I'm curious - what is the first variant of the Mig-23 that had a fire control system allowing it to mix IR and SAR missiles in its loadout (apparently the early ones could only carry either 2xR-23T or 2xR-23R but not a mix)?
AFIK, the Cuban MLA can have both at the same time, I was in the Cuban Armed Forces for 14 years and many times went to Air Force Bases for work, and watched the MIG-23ML with R-24T in one wing and R-24R in the other, and below 4 x R-60MK. The one visible in the picture below right wing is the R-24T

The same day left wing is visible the R-24R

Last edited by JunMcKill; 03-10-2020 at 05:45 PM.
JunMcKill is offline   Reply With Quote