Razbam - Falklands map images. - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-13-2020, 07:52 AM   #41
Cornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konovalov View Post
Exactly spot on. Razbam communication to customers has been mixed at best. The monthly video updates were nice until they were dropped due to customer criticism which I found a none too convincing explanation. I would have been happy with some simple official Razbam monthly or even quarterly statement on progress of modules and plans. But hopefully lessons have been learned and 2020 will see good progress with completion of the Harrier and M2K modules along with solid communication of the progress being made on these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't for the life of me see, why any lessons should have been learned. 2019 was all about business as usual and if it threatens to boil over, lift the lid for a moment.
But maybe 2020 will be the year of a miraculous change.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:29 AM   #42
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
Well that's the sort of thing they could have posted a few months back when all this conjecture started.

I'm glad that they are being transparent.

But it looks like there are only 2 actual coders Zeus and Leo presumably. FM is presumably Smiley, And we can fill in the blanks on the 3D guys according to project (s).
They did... at least the general message ("finish old modules before moving on") was announced quite a while ago and just in December announced very prominently, again.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4147034

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:32 PM   #43
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrat View Post
They did... at least the general message ("finish old modules before moving on") was announced quite a while ago and just in December announced very prominently, again.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4147034
I was referring to the rough "teams" or what their idea of a "team" is. Its quite different than what I would expect. But at least we know now.

Yes the finish the old first has been repeated. And will hopefully come to pass.
Old 02-25-2020, 01:48 AM   #44
izzyssm

Not going to hold my breath on this one. Just look at what happened with the A-7 development.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000, AJS37 Viggen, AV-8B, MIG-21bis, MIG-19P, Mig-15, F5-E3, F-86F, A-4, F-14, A-10C, JF-17
izzyssm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 10:13 AM   #45
Raz_Specter
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri13 View Post
RAZBAM! Time to fix your attitude!

DO NOT USE FACEBOOK FOR YOUR DCS PRODUCTS ANNOUNCEMENTS!

Why caps? BECAUSE THIS HAS BEEN TOLD TO YOU LOOOONG TIME AGO AND MULTIPLE TIMES!

Not all people use Facebook, that is just stupid service to use from their point of view!

And it is anyways illogical and unfair that a ED customers who invest money and time to DCS World, that has the E-store and the user forums in the ED servers, that they need to go and find the information from third party services like Facebook, Discord etc etc!

No, the ED should make the requirement in their contract that the third party will first and foremost announce and inform the DCS World customers primarily on the ED forums. That is why ED assigns you a dedicated sub-forum, offers you the spot in their weekly newsletter etc etc.

So get your act in form, here first, and after you have put everything in the ED forums, then you can go to post to facebook, discord or even to IRC if you so want! I don't then even mind if you would write it to paper by hand and send a horse courier to deliver news to some people around the world as I, like many others, never will use Facebook or Discord for searching information of your products in DCS World!
My fault chaps, I put the map updates on facebook because its as simple to copy and past and image / video into facebook. to post pictures on here i have to upload the images to an external host, no excuses though. anyways from now on i will update this thread with any news on the Falklands map.

Apologies

thanks Specter
Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER
Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Raz_Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 11:55 AM   #46
Dehuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithandra View Post
to post pictures on here i have to upload the images to an external host
FB can be that external host (and in fact may be its best quality), simple as right click > copy image address
Dehuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:06 PM   #47
Captain Orso

Quote:
My fault chaps, I put the map updates on facebook because its as simple to copy and past and image / video into facebook. to post pictures on here i have to upload the images to an external host, no excuses though. anyways from now on i will update this thread with any news on the Falklands map.

Apologies

thanks Specter
You can setup folders for uploading images to here in your profile. I don't recall if there is a limit on size, so that might be an issue at some point in time, but you can display the images in posts perfectly without 3rd parties sites, which might spit in the soup at some point -- see PhotoBucket for example.

System Specs.
Spoiler:
System board ... MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK
CPU ............ Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3800MHz per OC Genie
CPU cooling .... Noctua NH-D15
Memory ......... 16GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaw
PSU ............ Corsair AX860i PSU
Graphics card .. Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme
System disk .... SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB SSD
Monitor ........ ASUS MG279Q, 27"
VR ............. Oculus Rift CV1
Captain Orso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 03:18 PM   #48
Anklebiter

Quote:

Apologies

thanks Specter
Nice of you to respond to that post. I almost wish you hadn't. "The Customer is Always Right" can always be offset with "We Reserve the Right to Refuse Service".

Ironically, the complaint in that post was about "communication".

The internet has done so much damage to the idea of respecting other people. Anonymity has done society no favors.
Anklebiter is offline   Reply With Quote