[Mission files] - normalization, version control, diff

Hi there,

My buddy and I have been working on a dynamic training mission for some time, and we version our scripts and the mission files on GitHub.

It's increasingly difficult to version correctly the mission files, as they are completely changed with every single little modification in the editor.

Is there an existing way of normalizing the mission files (they are simple lua dicts after all) so that they are more easy to compare and version ?

I'm willing to work on such a project, if anyone has one already started.

Zip out.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

• 2 weeks later...

* bump *

Seriously, no one had to cope with this problem before ?

No one is interested ?

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !