MFG Crosswind pedal setup

Adjust the spring tension on the pedals. because you have an excellent system for doing this on those pedals.

Use weak/none for helicopters, medium for war birds and strong for modern jets.

Find your personal preference.

A bit more of a hassle than messing with software curves but your brain instantly notices the difference and adjusts.

Which is good if you change aircraft a lot.

Basically you get more feedback than using software curves. and it does the same thing.

You just have to adjust the pedals between airframes.

Avoiding software curves is one of the selling points for these pedals :)

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

On some particular aircraft I might fiddle with the in-game settings, other than that I use weakish springs and a smooth center detent cam which suits the helos, and I just have to check the ball a little more often in my planes to make sure I'm not wandering too much.

Adjust the spring tension on the pedals. because you have an excellent system for doing this on those pedals.

Use weak/none for helicopters, medium for war birds and strong for modern jets.

Find your personal preference.

A bit more of a hassle than messing with software curves but your brain instantly notices the difference and adjusts.

Which is good if you change aircraft a lot.

Basically you get more feedback than using software curves. and it does the same thing.

You just have to adjust the pedals between airframes.

Avoiding software curves is one of the selling points for these pedals :)

Excellent tip! Thanks! Still need some form of attaching my pedals on the ground. Drilling is not an option. ;-)

Excellent tip! Thanks! Still need some form of attaching my pedals on the ground. Drilling is not an option. ;-)

I used a bit of plywood, cut a nice looking profile into it and attached the pedals to the board. Then used some non-abrasive anti-slip tape on the bottom of the board. Works well even on carpet.

As for settings, I use softspring, soft center cam (cam5 i think?) and a curve of 16 or so. I also make use of the slap-damper mod, which I still have mixed feelings about.

I found a wooden/epoxy (not sure exactly) plate 500x800x16 mm and drilled four holes. I used broadloom tape to fix it to the broadloom mat.

Broadloom tape (double sided ed/add) is super strong, didn't know tape this strong existed. Broadloom tape is used to permanently fix broadloom's to the floor. Find it in a builders store (Bauhaus Europe).

Anyway, broadloom tape is the absolute cheapest simplest fastest way to fix the plate (if you have a broadloom, for hard floors they work as well I imagine but some kind of rubber feet are more 'elegant').

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

My broadloom mat is cleaner where the tape has been:music_whistling:

I would be concerned about leaving stains too and with a hard floor (linoleum, wood) I would have used glued on rubber feet (or possibly screwed on rubber feet but I believe glued on's are very likely good enough, cheaper and simpler). Rubber feet has the advantage that the plate can be easily re-positioned an unlimited number of times *1).

Rubber feet would've been my first choice for a hard floor. I searched extensively and read that rubber feet would work fine for the purpose of fixing a plate with rudders to a hard floor.

You could also just let the plate rest against the wall, no further fixing required. For 'reasons' I couldn't do this.

Note, you most likely want rubber feet distancing the plate a little bit from the floor because otherwise the four bolt heads holding the rudders will dig into and make marks on the floor.

I had to have tape (double sided) for a broadloom mat I thought (still do), rubber feet would slide and I didn't want metal spikes digging into the mat.

Note, no particular reason for 800x500x16 dimensions, it's just a plate I found at Bauhaus (euro vendor) and found no reason to cut it smaller (on the contrary I might mount a stick extension joystick to it). I am considering cutouts under the pedals though so I can angle up the pedals and have heels on the floor.

~

*1) Not that repositioning was/is big a problem with this kind of tape. A single length of 4 dm was enough, could be re positioned 3-4 times and I have 5-10 meters(?) tape for about $5 (?).

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

In my experience there is no adhesive, not even the very mild adhesive on painter's tape, that won't mar the finish on a hardwood floor if it's left on long enough. If your pedals are up against a wall, presumably, you are better off putting a cleat on the baseboard to hold down the front edge if you are that worried about movement/tipping. That or attach them to a platform as someone else suggested and use weight on the platform to achieve some stability.

When I first got the Crosswinds I found them prone to tipping, but with time that isn't something that I feel anymore.