rudder

grafspee

i dont know where exactly put this topic

i dont know how you feel about it but rudder forces are not modeled correctly i think it is true far all warbirds

at low speeds rudder feels ok but at high speeds i think our vitual pilots have too much force in legs and becouse of that is is very hard to keep ball in middle at high speeds or make any correction in to fligh path while aming for ground targtest.

i know that in p-40 at speeds above 400mph pilot had to stand on rudder with all force avilable to keep ball middle.

righ now you can deflect full rudder at speeds 500mph with no porblem

i would be gratefull if we could get some mechnism for compensating for speed like reducing saturation of axis while speed increasing or something like that

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• ED Team
i dont know where exactly put this topic

i dont know how you feel about it but rudder forces are not modeled correctly i think it is true far all warbirds

at low speeds rudder feels ok but at high speeds i think our vitual pilots have too much force in legs and becouse of that is is very hard to keep ball in middle at high speeds or make any correction in to fligh path while aming for ground targtest.

i know that in p-40 at speeds above 400mph pilot had to stand on rudder with all force avilable to keep ball middle.

righ now you can deflect full rudder at speeds 500mph with no porblem

i would be gratefull if we could get some mechnism for compensating for speed like reducing saturation of axis while speed increasing or something like that

You CAN NOT even deflect rudder more than 1/4 of full travel at 700 kph IAS. However, if you can - please post a screenshot with Red Sqare and Shft-T both on.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

You CAN NOT even deflect rudder more than 1/4 of full travel at 700 kph IAS. However, if you can - please post a screenshot with Red Sqare and Shft-T both on.

you are right about that. so i am missing precision in my legs when i try align with the target my nose is all over place just way to senstive for me at higher speeds

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• ED Team
you are right about that. so i am missing precision in my legs when i try align with the target my nose is all over place just way to senstive for me at higher speeds

Naturally... If you had increased forces on your plastic pedals you would feel better. It's not a problem of the FM, it's a problem of game devices.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Naturally... If you had increased forces on your plastic pedals you would feel better. It's not a problem of the FM, it's a problem of game devices.

i hate my plastic rudder pedals

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you meant close the real pedals.

I understand the money thing. I had to finance at Dell for my Warthog and pedals this time. Fly fishing and hunting kill all my extra money.

Buzz

They are IMHO not wide enough for a typical piston engine plane/warbird.

This "R2D2" :D in the middle give a impression that is narrow, but TPR width is 52cm.

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/Manuals/TPR/TPR_Rudder_Cockpit_Setup.pdf

What is very similar to MFG Crosswind 49 cm or 52,5 cm with pad extension and Slaw Viper RX 53 cm.

https://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/full-35902-67457-measurements-980x375.jpg

Considering that width inside "typical WWII warbird" (Bf 109, P-51, Spit) is around ~65cm, their pedals could my more width, but not much..

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e133/Kurfurst/109e_Spit_cpit_xsection.png

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e133/Kurfurst/109e_Spit_cpit_malcolm.png

Edited by Sokol1_br