Dynamic Campaign Engine

MBot

Tomcat over Persian Gulf

Two questions:

1) First mission: How can you be on time to depart (0759) when the mission starts cold & dark at 0751? Ready in 8 minutes? No way...

2) When I exit the first mission, I get this:

https://ibb.co/QFwXpKh

For reference:

https://ibb.co/hczsM7y

https://ibb.co/0Yfxgqx

https://ibb.co/V9xPHvN

Edited by TheSauvaaage

Tomcat over Persian Gulf

Two questions:

1) First mission: How can you be on time to depart (0759) when the mission starts cold & dark at 0751? Ready in 8 minutes? No way...

2) When I exit the first mission, I get this:

https://ibb.co/QFwXpKh

For reference:

https://ibb.co/hczsM7y

https://ibb.co/0Yfxgqx

https://ibb.co/V9xPHvN

See here : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3865369#post3865369 :thumbup:

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

Yes you can change its speed in the loadout file in the init folder. Find the KC135MPRS section and speed line ( in meters by seconds if I remember it) and change it.

You will have to restart campaign or look in status folder and change speed value for KC (don’t remember which file you must look at ) if you don’t want to restart campaign

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Hi MBot! Any news on your latest and greatest updates to DCE engine? :)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
BEEN AWAY FOR SOME TIME!!!

I know in Falcon there is a real dynamic campaign. are we there yet with DCS? Would love to see one if possible for the hornet!!:pilotfly:

No we are not there. We never will be unless ED reworks how enemy spawning and ai flights and your wingmen and comms and so much more other stuff works in this game.

They hired a single person to develop the dynamic campain engine so I think you should check back in 3-4 years and you might have something to play by then.

• 2 weeks later...

Such a shame. I remember ONCE i got a dce to work. Gusrdians worked for a dat once it was awesome lol. Id end missions and get a debruef and all that. Sigh. Those were the days.

Question on the US dynamic camp. I had a nission where I shacked a bridge with an LGB. I got away had a ramp strike landing. Next mission it shows no enemy bridges destrot and is sending me to strime anothwr bridge. What gives? Also the mission plan was just weird before I got to it. It had me pass the bridge about 30 nm to an IP over an enemy EWR aite turn around and hit the bridge. Crazy! Especially with mig29As scrambling! Editted that around and still had to gave a showdown with one. Anyways thinking this am Ill try out playing as the IranianAF. (Oh the horror) ill pirposefully give mtself crappy phoenixes and mostly sparrows

ok the problem seems to be when I edit the lua file it saves as .txt

even when I tell it not to save as .txt and only attach .lua

can someone save a copy of their file so I can download? only work around I can think of!

2 steps:

1. Uncheck the "Hide extensions for known file types" setting in Windows (Explorer.exe, view, options ...)
  2. When Saving the file, in the "Save as type" field, set and leave it as "All files *.*" or something

Sometimes I Amaze even Myself!

How hard is it to insert a custom base mission? Or can you merge mission files somehow? Because I got a file with the IAD network of Iran of the ED user files and would like to use this as a base for the Hornet over PG campaign. Any ideas? Or can you copy / paste from one mission file to another? Do you have to set the new SAMs as new targets manually?

Thanks for any answers or links provided!

What is the difference between a landing, a good landing and a perfect landing?

-After a landing the A/C is back on the ground. After a good landing the pilots walks away. After a perfect one you can reuse the aircraft.

I am good at doing landings.

• 2 weeks later...

Something I'd really love to see is the engine managing ground units to an extend. While not necessarily real time in mission (for performance's sake), but seeing them moved between mission.

Would make for evolving battlefields. (Not easy to add I know but a man can dream).

Wow, such landing, much no gear, so slide...

T.16000M FCS HOTAS

Owned : Flaming Cliff 3 | Mig-21Bis | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C | F-5E | Mirage 2000c | F-14B | Ka-50 | JF-17

Wishlist : F-4 | Mi-24 | MiG-23 | F-15E | F-16

Dev. Wishlist : Tornado | Mirage F1 | MiG-25 | F-104 | Étendard/Super Étendard | Saab 35 Draken | JAS-39 Gripen A

• 1 month later...
Things are going well. The engine updates I wanted to do are are done. The Hornet campaign is completed and in intensive play-testing for about a month now. It plays very nice and I love it :) But then I build stuff the way I do primary for my own enjoyment, so mileages may vary. There is still some polishing going on but I think a release will come soon.
Hi guys,

Does anyone know whether the campaign engine updates have already been released by now?

I appreciate the great work and cannot wait until anyone comes out with a black shark dynamic campaign...

Gesendet von meinem ELE-L29 mit Tapatalk

Hi guys,

Does anyone know whether the campaign engine updates have already been released by now?

Unfortunately they have not :(

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I am continuously working on this but frankly have not felt lately like putting-up with the hassles of going public. In fact I have created a hand full of campaigns that are basically complete, but most hang up on some DCS issue in one form or another. For example Tomcats sliding into other aircraft on the carrier deck or Harpoons self-destructing before reaching their target. Small stuff that break missions.

The Hornet campaign should be good, but I have stopped playing the F/A-18 when the Tomcat came out so eventually would have to verify it again for new bugs. I think now the Hornet's nav system wont work anymore for missions pre 1995. Probably won't happen anytime soon because I am really not flying the thing anymore.

Edited by MBot

I am continuously working on this but frankly have not felt lately like putting-up with the hassles of going public. In fact I have created a hand full of campaigns that are basically complete, but most hang up on some DCS issue in one form or another. For example Tomcats sliding into other aircraft on the carrier deck or Harpoons self-destructing before reaching their target. Small stuff that break missions.

That unfortunate :(

The Hornet campaign should be good, but I have stopped playing the F/A-18 when the Tomcat came out so eventually would have to verify it again for new bugs. I think now the Hornet's nav system wont work anymore for missions pre 1995. Probably won't happen anytime soon because I am really not flying the thing anymore.

It's just the GPS that isn't working pre 1995. You can do a manual INS alignment in that case.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I really would be happy to see those new campaigns released because I think frankly that even with all DCS bugs (AI is the main) DCE is the most interesting way to pilot all those modules :thumbup:

Last satursday I made a Lan with 4 friends and we played many missions in Hornet over PG campaign with 3 Hornets and 1 Tomcat (pilot/RIO) : it was really nice :pilotfly:

Thanks again for all your work and even if it's often frustrating please continue your good work :thumbup:

Hmm, looking around at the small but very dedicated community that is built around your campaigns Id say why not release it a bit early in the state they are currently in? Its not like your old ones haven't been modified with quite a number of additions if you just browse through PB0_CEFs campaign thread for example. I imagine that would be the case with the new ones too. Other than that I am personally very thankful for your contributions to the DCS community. Your campaigns are frankly the only reason I stick around still. I just think it would be a shame if they just sat around on your hard drive with all the hard work you put into them when quite a number of people cant wait to give them a try :)