EID aboard F - 18

Hello Guys,

I know this is a very nice community so hopefully someone will answer me :)

I came across this article: https://theaviationgeekclub.com/iraqi-mig-25-foxbat-pilot-explains-how-he-was-able-to-shoot-down-lt-cdr-speichers-f-a-18-hornet-the-first-night-of-operation-desert-storm/?fbclid=IwAR0NFxpdKv4icYULcvBwGd70GGjC62Lb85kP4c5-QpqcUhN8BIJGfEn6SvQ

I

And what confuses me , is the EID equipment! I can not find any articled regarding this technology on the net. I do remember from Falcon 4 that I could actually identify enemy target with radar...

Could someone give me some more information , I would really appreciate it.

regards, Jan

Asrock Z270 pro4, i7 6700, gtx 1070

I think he's just referring to NCTR, which we have in our DCS Hornet too.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think he's just referring to NCTR, which we have in our DCS Hornet too.

Thanks for reply :) So the M2000 also has this feature? I actually own M2000 but did not got thru all the documentation.

Will check it

Asrock Z270 pro4, i7 6700, gtx 1070

Thanks for reply :) So the M2000 also has this feature?

No, not in our variant.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes, IRL Mirage 2000C RDI S5 was equipped with NCTR, and in DCS too. Or at least it used to work.

It has? Either I never noticed that or I can't remember it (haven't flown the Mirage much lately).

I also thought I have seen you naming NCTR as one of the features of the -5 here, but it seems like I missread something.

Anyways, good to know it has! :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

EID is not just NCTR, NCTR is part of the EID matrix. IFF is part of EID as well as other non-cooperative techniques, including knowing where that aircraft came from, flight behavior, RWR indications etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It has? Either I never noticed that or I can't remember it (haven't flown the Mirage much lately).

I also thought I have seen you naming NCTR as one of the features of the -5 here, but it seems like I missread something.

Anyways, good to know it has! :thumbup:

In fact, NCTR is late addition to Mirage 2000C S5 (originally the latest batch for EC 1/12 & EC 2/12 squadrons).

To my knowledge, Mirage 2000-5F were not fitted with NCTR, but I can't pretend to know it all about RDY radar, only public stuff.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

EID is not just NCTR, NCTR is part of the EID matrix. IFF is part of EID as well as other non-cooperative techniques, including knowing where that aircraft came from, flight behavior, RWR indications etc.

True :thumbup:

In fact, NCTR is late addition to Mirage 2000C S5 (originally the latest batch for EC 1/12 & EC 2/12 squadrons).

To my knowledge, Mirage 2000-5F were not fitted with NCTR, but I can't pretend to know it all about RDY radar, only public stuff.

Alright then :)

Tornado3 small.jpg