ED and the Huey

Robert31178

Well, seems fairly obvious what's going on at this point, not at all interested in updating/fixing Huey. Kinda off putting, Huey has been my main mount now for coming up on four years. I fly with a unit and pretty much the only thing I fly is Huey, so while I haven't been here the entire time I've been around enough to see that the Huey must be the way of the past?

That's despicable.

Everyone has bashed VEAO for how they "took the money and ran", and honestly ED I'm thinking you guys aren't much better regarding the Huey. Let's take a look.....

- The lights issues. Well, I mean, I personally don't recall them being that bad when I first flew, but maybe I was just new and still blown away by how awesome everything seemed. It's sure noticeable now that I'm experienced with the module, and man is it annoying!

- The lighting update BROKE the skins, fine, they were user made, we got that, but at least give us the tools to fix it, other than finding files to delete ourselves.

- The AI gunners are broken. Uh, YOU broke them!! As I stated in another thread I'm all for "we made it, the rest of you need to keep up with mods and skins", but YOU did this!!!

Now I am noticing active disengagement on the topic, also despicable.

- A thread I started on the community forum was moved, read: buried, way down in the bowels of the Huey sub forums.

- Another recently started thread regarding how the Huey gets no attention was just up and closed.

Are you guys actively trying to shush us now????

Give it what it deserves, please? I don't really care when, eventually used to be good enough for me, but since the BST post from 2017 about multiplayer news coming soon never bore fruit I'm a little gunshy as a consumer on believing so let's not go that route again.... How about some news, or a plan, maybe an update that fixes something on Huey instead of breaking more things on it?

Stop trying to silence us or hide our threads so that YOU don't have to see them. Try maybe doing the right thing. I'm all for Hornets, Hinds, Vipers, uh, trainers lol, but heck you could fix the Huey along the way?

:helpsmilie:

~Rob

Huey is the only dcs module which goes backwards during the years after it was released.

Every big game update snapped Huey's beauty. So i can not dare to talk about new features

The other thing which suprised me that, the lack of communication for this module.

You can see devs are commenting, making sticky threads, update threads etc. in their forums. But here, we can not see anyone to reply any topic.

a dev's latest response was 3 months ago.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3733774&postcount=31

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

While I still try to convince myself that I say most of these things in a slightly joking manner, you definitely have a point.

I'd hope that NineLine actually replying to some of the more pressing threads recently shows that something is about to be done, rather than just trying to pacify the premises a bit.

IMO the absolute best helicopter flight model on PC in any sim.

IMO the Mi-8 is even better, but that's a matter of taste. Anyway, both seem to have been neglected for a long time already and that's definitely not a good sign. Can we at least get the lighting problems fixed please? Kind of sad that we haven't been able to use the beacon lately since the light bleeds through the fuselage :(

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Harsh words, but there is truth in them :(

+1

I'm still waiting for what was said here (that was in 2017...):

As of now we have implementation for multicrew and we are testing it and resolving surfaced issues. Testing process taking its toll, it should go through different testers ours and ED..

At this point we think its a matter of months until multicrew patch for Huey will go live, if no critical showstopper issues will appear.

Besides that, there is more changes for UH-1H, that are coming even sooner... You will hear about them soon..

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

+1

The same goes for the MI-8 :( Nothing good for us :prop: after Belsimtek started coding for ED and then merged with them (F-15FM,F-18...) :cry:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• ED Team

I understand everyone's frustration, I have reported a few issues, I suggest you bump or add any you know are still outstanding and I can check on them. But while I understand your frustration, feedback still needs to be mature and constructive, so I will lock this thread before it gets carried away.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png