Is the F-14 moving to monthly patches like the F-18?

key_stroked

No, Cobra mentioned they skipped this update.

attachment.png

It is frustrating that posts like this are buried in an obscure post on Hoggit. Heatblur, please post important information like this here, on the official DCS forum.

As for what was said, clarification would be appreciated as to what "larger systemic changes" means.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Was really looking forward to getting the thrust issues fixed, or at the very least some of the smaller items like the COURSE knob not working out of TACAN CMD mode.

So we have to wait another 2 weeks for any changes at all?

The F-18C beta is NOT monthly patches.

Our sincere apologies that we have not been more clear on this upfront. In general we try to commit a patch for each update, but we try to find the best balance between frequent and stable changes, so it is not given that an update has to come every 2 weeks necessarily. As we stated before release, giving quality the highest priority still counts even after release. At times, we would actually prefer if we could update even faster than only every two weeks; this time was an exception to skip the update. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Our sincere apologies that we have not been more clear on this upfront. In general we try to commit a patch for each update, but we try to find the best balance between frequent and stable changes, so it is not given that an update has to come every 2 weeks necessarily. As we stated before release, giving quality the highest priority still counts even after release. At times, we would actually prefer if we could update even faster than only every two weeks; this time was an exception to skip the update. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Any ETA on the FM fix? I can see todays window was missed.

We are still working on the perfomance tweaks but have to sort out some issues in the background first. (it would not help to go into more detail, as this does not concern functions visible to the player directly). We hope it will be soon, but unfortunately I cannot give you an ETA at this point. Please trust that work on improvements keeps running as we speak. Again, thank you for your very kind patience.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

I can see todays window was missed.

I think there was no window for today.

Hasn't Wags said that they will move to update the OB only every two weeks in future?

So we could expect the next update on Wednesday 22nd.

I'm fine if there is not every Update also an Update for the Cat is quality goes over speed. However, either there should be progress seeable, or good communication to the community.

So far, I'm personaly still very satisfied with HB. Keep on doing stuff with that awesome quality!

Quality over quantity!

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Any ETA on the FM fix? I can see todays window was missed.

Yesterdays update was for the Stable branch, no window was missed.

Next Open Beta update is the 22nd.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Thank you. We will be more diligent in the future to keep you informed upfront whether we commit an update or not. :thumbup:

:thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks for your communication. Really appreciate it !

If I may ask ,i know it's the wrong thread but since you talked about FM update, will the F-14 perform better in dogfight after the FM update ? After an OB update, we felt the F-14 slightly... Harder to use in dogfight. I think there was a thread already around this but I didn't understood if, at terms, if the F-14 will be ''better'' or if it will stay like this.

Thanks and really sorry for the lack of precision and sources, currently writting my phone.

Good luck with your work.

Edited by Jowen G. Bruère-Dawson

Hard to answer the question, really, as it is difficult to know what your perspective would be regarding "better". What I can promise is that it will perfom more accurately (and that we will continue tweaking for accuracy).

It is most important to us to make it as close to real life as possible, which means we cannot give much thought to as what would give it an advantage or not, if that makes sense. I know it is a vague answer, but if she performs more according to specs I presume one could say, yes it will be better.

The best would be for fat creason (akodonell) to answer though. Also perfomance tweaking will continue for a while. Hope that is somewhat satisfying as answer.

Heatblur Simulations

Thank you. We will be more diligent in the future to keep you informed upfront whether we commit an update or not. :thumbup:

I found the Viggen's changelog/update master list thread to be super helpful in the way it listed pending changes as well as patch notes for the current version.

Hard to answer the question, really, as it is difficult to know what your perspective would be regarding "better". What I can promise is that it will perfom more accurately (and that we will continue tweaking for accuracy).

It is most important to us to make it as close to real life as possible, which means we cannot give much thought to as what would give it an advantage or not, if that makes sense. I know it is a vague answer, but if she performs more according to specs I presume one could say, yes it will be better.

The best would be for fat creason (akodonell) to answer though. Also perfomance tweaking will continue for a while. Hope that is somewhat satisfying as answer.

Will it do better in the vertical post-patch?

Thanks for your communication. Really appreciate it !

If I may ask ,i know it's the wrong thread but since you talked about FM update, will the F-14 perform better in dogfight after the FM update ? After an OB update, we felt the F-14 slightly... Harder to use in dogfight. I think there was a thread already around this but I didn't understood if, at terms, if the F-14 will be ''better'' or if it will stay like this.

Thanks and really sorry for the lack of precision and sources, currently writting my phone.

Good luck with your work.

With the next FM patch the F-14 should perform noticably better than it does now, a lot better infact as altitude increases. I say this as atm it is 1 G below listed STR already at 15,000 ft, which is a lot.

Edited by Hummingbird