Gsuit effectiveness bug?

TLTeo

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not so I thought I'd post here instead. During a conversation about the Sabre's g suit here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=240039, another user found the following lines in the Mig-19P.lua file:

crew_members =

{

[1] =

{

ejection_seat_name = "mig19p_pilot_seat",

drop_canopy_name = "mig19p_canopy",

pilot_name = "pilot_mig15",

drop_parachute_name = "pilot_mig15_parachute",

pos = {3,756, 0.391, 0.0}, -- {2.112, -0.369, 0},

g_suit = 2, -- % G suit efectivity: 0.0 to 1.0 (1.0 == modern g-suits)

},

},

I obviously do not know how the DCS code is structured, but that comment seems pretty self explanatory and the value of the g_suit variable should never be above 1. Could any dev comment on what's up here?

Thanks for the update. Out of curiosity I looked up the values for other modules, and I found that the Harrier also has a value of 2, while the Mirage 2000 is set at 5. Not all modules had that line in their .luas so I assume those that do not are hardcoded in the c++ files or something, but I suppose this means that the Mig-19 is not the only module suffering from this issue?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. With the complexity of these modules it's understandable. But another thing I noticed was in the barrel dynamics lines of both the 15 and the Sabre. They are exact copies and it's not clear which barrel was created first, canon or MG? Is this really intended or did some things slip by? I bet this kind of thing happens in module development but the consequences can be severe and make a big difference with these tightly matched ships. 19 v Phantom, and even 21 v Phantom will be another match up to watch (maybe). Good to know you are onto things. Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse