Got VRSS work on DCS

boedha68

Changing/Renaming DCS exe. I couldn't get DCS to Start

You dont need to change a name. Use NVidia Inspector and modify the profile for DCS in "Unknow" section.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

A suggestion here (with pics) that it is working but in reverse!

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

A suggestion here (with pics) that it is working but in reverse!

That make sense. I tried it using the Nvidia inspector, changing one of the dropdown value to the one that had the supported vr titles, then VRSS showed on Nvidia Control panel. I thought it was not working when I still see aliasing and FPS was not affected. If only someone can figure out to have it reverse back to normal

Edited by Revs

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

Guy another easier way to do it is in nVidia inspector just associate the DCS.exe with the BoneWorks game..

Just go into inspector and find DCS:Black Shark and delete the DCS.exe from that profile then add the DCS.exe to BoneWorks Profile.. it is easy as pie..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Guy another easier way to do it is in nVidia inspector just associate the DCS.exe with the BoneWorks game..

Just go into inspector and find DCS:Black Shark and delete the DCS.exe from that profile then add the DCS.exe to BoneWorks Profile.. it is easy as pie..

And does it really do anything? I have yet to see an example anywhere of where it does by "hacking" it in.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

And does it really do anything? I have yet to see an example anywhere of where it does by "hacking" it in.

Well I was just saying another way to associate the exe.. I did not try it.. but when I first went in my FPS where more but now there not so I am unsure if it does do anything I have not tested it yet.

It was stated in this thread only games that support a certain mode that from what I read DCS does not use??

According nVidia VRSS will only work with games that uses forward renderer

We have done similar things when we use 3D Vision to got game that did not work in 3D before to getting them working in the past and they still use it those that continue with using 3D vision.. but since DCS does not use Forward Render I guess this trick will not work but could on other games/sims..

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Well I was just saying another way to associate the exe.. I did not try it.. but when I first went in my FPS where more but now there not so I am unsure if it does do anything I have not tested it yet.

It was stated in this thread only games that support a certain mode that from what I read DCS does not use??

According nVidia VRSS will only work with games that uses forward renderer

We have done similar things when we use 3D Vision to got game that did not work in 3D before to getting them working in the past and they still use it those that continue with using 3D vision.. but since DCS does not use Forward Render I guess this trick will not work but could on other games/sims..

Yeah I have just not seen an example yet of it working with a game that does not have support yet from Nvidia for VRSS.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yeah I have just not seen an example yet of it working with a game that does not have support yet from Nvidia for VRSS.

Well it might need something coded in the game to work plus it would only work on Turing GPU's.. but what I read is you need to have MSAA enabled as well..

Well it might need something coded in the game to work plus it would only work on Turing GPU's.. but what I read is you need to have MSAA enabled as well..
I don't think any coding should be required, it just depends if the game engine will work with it.

The central region can be supersampled up to 8x – this is based on the MSAA level selected in the application. All this is completely handled from within the NVIDIA display driver without the need of any application integration.

https://devblogs.nvidia.com/nvidia-vrss-a-zero-effort-way-to-improve-your-vr-image-quality/

Of course redesigning the game engine to use forward rendering would be something coded but there are good reasons developers have gone down the deferred rendering route.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

So does this actually work or not?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I don't think any coding should be required, it just depends if the game engine will work with it.

The central region can be supersampled up to 8x – this is based on the MSAA level selected in the application. All this is completely handled from within the NVIDIA display driver without the need of any application integration.

https://devblogs.nvidia.com/nvidia-vrss-a-zero-effort-way-to-improve-your-vr-image-quality/

Of course redesigning the game engine to use forward rendering would be something coded but there are good reasons developers have gone down the deferred rendering route.

The game Render Pipeline was using forward rendering last year (and with 90 fps), but then one day they removed it, Why?

A. Because the illumination effect with deferred rendering is superior.

B. Because maintenance of forward and deferred with the limited resources (number of Graphics Engineers) they have was very difficult.

WEll it does work under the specified criteria:

VRSS

This feature is available only for applications which meet below criterion and are profiled by NVIDIA:

DirectX 11 VR applications

Forward Rendered with MSAA

so yes it works just not in DCS :(

No at least not for what we do.

Don B

WEll it does work under the specified criteria:

VRSS

This feature is available only for applications which meet below criterion and are profiled by NVIDIA:

DirectX 11 VR applications

Forward Rendered with MSAA

so yes it works just not in DCS :(

Thanks.

Maybe ED can figure out something in the future.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

VRSS will never work in DCS, unless they basically rewrite the entire gfx engine from scratch. Not gonna happen.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

VRSS will never work in DCS, unless they basically rewrite the entire gfx engine from scratch. Not gonna happen.

But what about Vulkan is that just going to be added into current code or need a complete rewrite?

• 1 month later...
But what about Vulkan is that just going to be added into current code or need a complete rewrite?

Vulkan is "a low-overhead, cross-platform 3D graphics and computing API" (API = a set of functions and procedures allowing the creation of applications that access the features or data of an operating system, application, or other service), not an engine rewrite.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

So speaking of deffered rendering. I wonder if the new lighting upgrade is deffered lighting?

Vulkan is "a low-overhead, cross-platform 3D graphics and computing API" (API = a set of functions and procedures allowing the creation of applications that access the features or data of an operating system, application, or other service), not an engine rewrite.

I know what Vulkan is I was asking if it can be put inplace of DX11 in DCS or would ED need to rewrite the Entire DCS code too implement Vulkan..

They(ED) said in the last roadmap, Vulkan is a "longterm" project, that doesnt sound to me like thats anytime soon.............Im guessing years

Heh. Considering the fact that this Vulkan subject has been speculated about since before it was even initially released in 2016, I'd say you're right on the money with that prediction. :)

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

So speaking of deffered rendering. I wonder if the new lighting upgrade is deffered lighting?

Deferred shading was introduced with 2.1 openalpha

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

it's a rewrite

hmm OK thank you. hopefully it will be sooner then later to come out.. I was wondering why they just did not use dx12??