IR-RB FRAMSTEGN how??

QuiGon

So, the IR-RB FRAMSTEGN button has finally gotten implemented, which made me very happy at first but now that I had the chance to test it I'm rather disappointed as this has been done extremly sloppy... :(

There are multiple issues with the current IR-RB FRAMSTEGN implementation:

- The button seems to be of the wrong type. Instead of being implemented as a push button (like the CK37 buttons for example), it is implemented as a toggle switch. This leads to multiple issues: If pressed by clicking on it in the cockpit, it gets pushed in and stays that way, while it actually should only be pushed in momentarily (like the CK37 buttons). The mouse cursor also gets the symbol of a toggle switch (up and down arrows) instead of the push button symbol (crosshair).

When using the IR-RB FRAMSTEGN through a keybinding you also run into the issue of there being multiple keybindings that make no sense for a push button, but instead are made for a toggle switch, which the IR-RB FRAMSTEGN is not!

- The animation of the button is missing when used through a keybinding.

- And most importantly: The TAKT UT pylon display of the CK37 does not show the currently selected pylon. According to your own Heatblur manual for the Viggen the pylon display should show the currently selected pylon by a flashing digit. Without this indication the new IR-RB FRAMSTEGN functionality is pretty much useless, as you don't know if you actually have selected the correct pylon (makes a huge difference when wanting to use RB-74 instead of RB-24J!) :mad:

@Heatblur: Will those issues still be addressed (within the next 5 years if possible) or is that how IR-RB FRAMSTEGN should be now?!

Edit: I actually should have posted this in the Bugs and Problems subforum. I started writing this post as a question while I was still curious about some aspects of the IR-RB FRAMSTEGN, but while writing and still testing at the same time, I encountered more and more issues and it evolved into a bugreport. Can some moderator move this thread to the bugs subforum and maybe rename it to "IR-RB FRAMSTEGN issues"?

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yeah, I tried it and got super confused with all the key bindings and the cockpit button and couldn't get anything intelligent from it either...

One wonders if they actually test things before they push them out :dunno:

I'm sorry to say but I have turned a little sour about this whole thing... I get flashbacks to when Cobra announced that they had implemented the new PBR textures and the RAT. Someone then asked why they couldn't see them and got a nonsense answer back and then we didn't hear anything about it for a year.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

It’s fixed internally since last week and is uploaded to ED awaiting new patch. Sorry. There was another key bond added by JediTeo way back and I added another so only one of them works. I believe the clicking works though in the currently released version?

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

It’s fixed internally since last week and is uploaded to ED awaiting new patch. Sorry. There was another key bond added by JediTeo way back and I added another so only one of them works. I believe the clicking works though in the currently released version?

Thanks for your reply. It's "one click only" currently... after that you can't click it anymore.

And I am on the latest open beta.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

I think it works even if it doesn’t look like it does the second time

Yes, it does, but you only see that once you fire the missile, as neither the button moves nor does it show you any indication on the TAKT UT display. Any chance we get the TAKT UT display indication for currently selected pylon as described in your manual?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Will it be integrated with the ck-37 display?

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

It’s coming it just takes some time because there are quite a lot of different weapon combinations possible. I am glad you are so dedicated for Viggen! Happy new year guys!

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

It’s finished. I have to do some smoke testing but seems to work.

Good job!

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

It’s finished. I have to do some smoke testing but seems to work.

So once this goes live the currently selected missile pylon will be indicated by a flashing digit on the TAKT UT display and cycling through the pylons with IR-RB FRAMSTEGN will change the indication accordingly?

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Tested it now after the latest update and i works great. "FRAMSTEG toggle" is the button I am using and when you unsafe the data display will tell you which station is selected by a flashing "1".

Now you can save dose RB24s for easier targets and be confident that you have the more potent 74s selected :D There is a bit of delay with the Framsteg button but nothing serious.

Huey. Intel X5660 4,2ghz, 24gb ddr3, gtx 1060 6gb

AJS37. Cyborg evo

Yak 52. Opentrack ir

KA-50

P-47

Tested it now after the latest update and i works great. "FRAMSTEG toggle" is the button I am using and when you unsafe the data display will tell you which station is selected by a flashing "1".

Now you can save dose RB24s for easier targets and be confident that you have the more potent 74s selected :D There is a bit of delay with the Framsteg button but nothing serious.

It should be a flashing "-"

Hmm what I am missing please? I can't get it work. Mapped those mappings and they do nothing when selected A2A missile mode. Only way to switch pylons somehow is to press IR-missile fast select override button.

Map the "down" button and it should work.

Good job with the IR Framstegn RagnarDa! :thumbup:

Thanks Skyracer, I will try.

Edit: Yeah! That did the trick :)

My pleasure!

• 2 weeks later...
So once this goes live the currently selected missile pylon will be indicated by a flashing digit on the TAKT UT display and cycling through the pylons with IR-RB FRAMSTEGN will change the indication accordingly?

Now you can save dose RB24s for easier targets and be confident that you have the more potent 74s selected biggrin.gif There is a bit of delay with the Framsteg button but nothing serious.

Hmm what I am missing please? I can't get it work. Mapped those mappings and they do nothin when selected A2A missile mode. Only way to switch pylons somehow is to press IR-missile fast select override button.

Map the "down" button and it should work.

Thanks Skyracer, I will try.

Edit: Yeah! That did the trick smile.gif

Hmm I cannot get the keybind and flashing indication to work, I must do something wrong :doh: A step-by-step explanation would be very much appreciated!

• I succeed with changing the fire order by pressing the cockpit IR-FRAMSEGN-button. Everytime I press the button the fire order changes. What i have done so far is just pressing the button twice to get the four better RB-74's to go off first and the two not so good RB-24 last.

• I cannot get the key bind to work, is it really the "IR FRAMSTEGN - Down"-bind?
    • I do not get the flashing indication showing which missile is currently selected. I am trying TAKT -> OUT + Unsafe.

What am I missing? :noexpression:
      /Frustrated Viggen pilot

Edited by lilleplutt

i9 9900K | GTX 1080 8GB | 64GB DDR4 3200Hz | Tir Pro + ProClip