DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

I totally forgot the rotary knob in the cockpit - seems to overruel the SRS radio selector hotkey. Works like a charm - great work!!!!!

Thx!

If you combine the radio selector hot key with the DCS key binding for the rotary setting matching the radio selection, you only need one key press to select both in-game radio via rotary and the matching SRS radio...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hi Ciribob.

Best version so far. Tested in our squad and when i´am talking an another squad mate talks on a different radio at the same time i hear him crystal clear. Only the one is hearing silently on both radios can hear a little noise, very little distorsion, but the improvement is massive.

Thanks a lot.

One question:

What effect on the sound quality this new "Made the Radio Voice effect temporarily configurable (check the bottom of settings)" option has?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Make a back up before updating, you will loose all your favorites

Spitfire, nice :thumbup:

Will test asap

Ah sorry, forgot that the favourites would be deleted. I'll modify the installer so that that file is kept in future!

Hi Ciribob.

Best version so far. Tested in our squad and when i´am talking an another squad mate talks on a different radio at the same time i hear him crystal clear. Only the one is hearing silently on both radios can hear a little noise, very little distorsion, but the improvement is massive.

Thanks a lot.

One question:

What effect on the sound quality this new "Made the Radio Voice effect temporarily configurable (check the bottom of settings)" option has?

Really glad to hear its improved! I'll keep making a few tweaks to it but if its definitely better it means I can start on new features again. Thanks for the feedback! :)

The Radio Voice Effect option is what gives the audio the radio feel, rather than perfect quality. Its basically just a High and Low pass filter but my suspicion was mixing audio thats gone through this process, rather than afterwards, could be an issue. To help test i've just made it optional for now so you can see how it sounds, with and without the filtering

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

I've double checked, the only way this error can occur is if your system is missing the resampler that SRS uses internally to change audio to the right format.

I'd double check by just reinstalling this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53356 (this is the windows 10 one) and restarting your PC. Should fix it :)

Thank you very much Ciribob. ;)

Audio preview worked so it looks like it's fixed.

Where are the favourites located?

Saved in FavouriteServers.csv where ever your SimpleRadio is installed. Just copy the file out, update and then copy it back in :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Quick demo of the radio overlay in game (very early WIP!)

Got an annoying problem here:

Had SRS working fine and all on my HDD. Now I've got a 512 GB SSD with only Windows 7 64 and DCS installed on it. Of course SRS as well and every thing that "belongs" to DCS. My 1 TB HDD is now used as a drive for temp files to relieve the SSD as recommended for SSD users. Somehow the newly installed SRS files on my SSD with the saved files "by default saved in - saved games" on the HDD (as mentioned before temp files and user etc. are all on the HDD) seem to detect the saved files on the HDD of the old installed SRS files and as such causing some troubleshooting. Tried a couple of solutions and they've all failed. Hope I don't have to format my HDD! That'd be a lot of boring work.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Got an annoying problem here:

Had SRS working fine and all on my HDD. Now I've got a 512 GB SSD with only Windows 7 64 and DCS installed on it. Of course SRS as well and every thing that "belongs" to DCS. My 1 TB HDD is now used as a drive for temp files to relieve the SSD as recommended for SSD users. Somehow the newly installed SRS files on my SSD with the saved files "by default saved in - saved games" on the HDD (as mentioned before temp files and user etc. are all on the HDD) seem to detect the saved files on the HDD of the old installed SRS files and as such causing some troubleshooting. Tried a couple of solutions and they've all failed. Hope I don't have to format my HDD! That'd be a lot of boring work.

Not sure I quite follow (sorry) but if you use the SRS installer and press Uninstall, that'll remove all traces of SRS from the disk and from the registry. You should then be able to install as normal, just double check the paths are correct on the installer.

If that doesnt work you can always manually install as you only need the line in the export and the two lua files in the scripts folder (documented in the first post of this thread). The other files, SRS client and opus.dll can be where ever you like

Hope that helps! :thumbup:

Not sure I quite follow (sorry) but if you use the SRS installer and press Uninstall, that'll remove all traces of SRS from the disk and from the registry. You should then be able to install as normal, just double check the paths are correct on the installer.

If that doesnt work you can always manually install as you only need the line in the export and the two lua files in the scripts folder (documented in the first post of this thread). The other files, SRS client and opus.dll can be where ever you like

Hope that helps! :thumbup:

Tried the uninstall and reinstall thing and had no success with that. I've also tried to do it manually but a bit different than your suggestion here and it also didn't work. Once back at my computer tomorrow I'll try it your way.

Thanks!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Tried the uninstall and reinstall thing and had no success with that. I've also tried to do it manually but a bit different than your suggestion here and it also didn't work. Once back at my computer tomorrow I'll try it your way.

Thanks!

Try following this guide - hopefully that'll help! https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2963204&postcount=1122

windows 7initializing error

Was working before now with

1.2.9.5 update

getting that Initializing error

I tried to get the media pack but I have windows 7 SP1

I tried to download the

Media Feature Pack list for Windows N editions

but the link you gave didn't have one for windows 7 and the ones I found for windows 7 wouldn't install

Please Help.

Tried Windows6.1-KB968211-x64-RefreshPkg

and Windows6.1-KB968211-x86-RefreshPkg

but both say

this update is not applicable to your computer

found this thread where others had the same issue?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-update/the-update-is-not-applicable-to-your-computer/59a20037-4081-e011-9b4b-68b599b31bf5

Toast

Aviate, Navigate, Communicate. and When All Else Fails, Aviate More :pilotfly:

Was working before now with

1.2.9.5 update

getting that Initializing error

I tried to get the media pack but I have windows 7 SP1

I tried to download the

Media Feature Pack list for Windows N editions

but the link you gave didn't have one for windows 7 and the ones I found for windows 7 wouldn't install

Please Help.

Tried Windows6.1-KB968211-x64-RefreshPkg

and Windows6.1-KB968211-x86-RefreshPkg

but both say

this update is not applicable to your computer

found this thread where others had the same issue?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-update/the-update-is-not-applicable-to-your-computer/59a20037-4081-e011-9b4b-68b599b31bf5

Thats the right pack so not sure why it wont install on your Windows 7.

Someone looks like they solved it here:

https://superuser.com/questions/362430/i-cannot-install-kb-968211-this-update-is-not-applicable-to-your-computer/362435

Check the last answer:

Go to Control Panel and select Programs and Features.

Select "Turn Windows features on or off".

Under "Media Features" turn on (tick) Windows Media Player. Press OK.

Hope that helps!

Out of interest are you planning to upgrade to Windows 8 or 10? I've not got access to windows 7 anymore so can't test anything on it.

• Like 1

New TESTING Version - 1.2.9.6

.NET Version - PLEASE INSTALL THIS or it may not work: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=53345

Windows 7/8/10 N Users - PLEASE INSTALL THIS OR IT WILL NOT WORK - Adds the media codecs you need which are removed in the N Version - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3145500/media-feature-pack-list-for-windows-n-editions - You'll know when you get the audio initialisation error :)

This release adds the first version of the optional SRS In Game Overlay using the native DCS GUI. This means if you want to use VR or run DCS in proper full screen, you can still see incoming and outgoing transmissions as well as currently set radio frequencies. If you do use it in VR, and it works, please let me know!

The GUI is read only, you can only interact with it by dragging it around, making it clickable or hotkeys will take a while but something i'd like to do.

Thanks to Jabbers for his work on the Twitch Overlay which showed how this was possible! :thumbup:

Changelog

• Fixed installer when updating deleting the favourites file (sorry!)
  • Added Native DCS Radio Overlay - VR Compatible (hopefully)! - Toggle with Left Control + Left Shift + Escape

Overlay and Overlay Configuration

The overlay has 3 states, hidden, small & full that you can see by pressing Left Control + Left Shift + Escape by default.

The Full state has a title bar that you can click and drag the window around with. The window position will be saved for when DCS is next opened.

The radio status is removed after 5 seconds if SRS is closed or loses server connection

To configure the overlay hotkey, run DCS once to create a config file in Saved GamesDCSConfig which will look something like so and quit DCS:

config = 
{
   ["mode"] = "minimum",
   ["hotkey"] = "Ctrl+Shift+escape",
   ["windowPosition"] = 
   {
       ["y"] = 342,
       ["x"] = 981,
   }, -- end of ["windowPosition"]
} -- end of config

Edit the "Hotkey" section and add the characters from the keyboard you'd like to use instead. i.e

config = 
{
   ["mode"] = "minimum",
   ["hotkey"] = "Ctrl+Shift+1", -- now uses the combination of ctrl shift and 1 together to toggle
   ["windowPosition"] = 
   {
       ["y"] = 342,
       ["x"] = 981,
   }, -- end of ["windowPosition"]
} -- end of config

Dont forget to restart DCS after editing this file or you wont see the changes.

If you want to remove the overlay entirely and never use it, just delete:

• DCS-SRS-Overlay.dlg
  • DCS-SRS-OverlayGameGUI.lua

In Saved GamesDCSScripts

As always, thanks for the support and let me know if there are any issues!

DOWNLOAD THE TESTING RELEASE: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/tag/1.2.9.6

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST RELEASE: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Demo Video

Edited by Ciribob

Hi ciribob, would it be possible to change radio frequencies via the overlay for the FC3 jets? Looking to avoid alt-tab out of the game :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Hi ciribob, would it be possible to change radio frequencies via the overlay for the FC3 jets? Looking to avoid alt-tab out of the game :)

Are you speaking of alt tabbing while you are in VR or you mean in general ? because if not VR you dont really need to alt tab you can just toggle th overlay on and off and it will show always on top of your game windows. VR is a different hassle because you have to take the headset off every time you want ti change the frequency in FC3 planes

No, not VR.

Well if not VR why do you need to Alt tab. just bind the Overlay to any of your hotas button or any keyboard button of your choice . then while you are playing ingame just click the button the overlay should appear on top of your game window. once your done click the button again it should turn off .

Just going to do a release that adds 12 Keybindings for +/- (plus modifiers)

• +/- 100MHz
  • +/- 10MHz
  • +/- 1MHz
  • +/- 0.1MHz
  • +/- 0.01MHz
  • +/- 0.001MHz

You've then got multiple options for FC3, either use the hotkeys above, use the toggle overlay and click or leave the overlay always up, click and make sure you turn on Auto Refocus DCS under settings in SRS :)

Hopefully everyone is catered for then :thumbup: