[REPORTED]Keyboard rudder control is broken.

keith55

As I described in this thread. Using the keyboard to move the rudder causes it to first move in the desired direction, and the move in the opposite direction and stay there. It makes the game completely unusable. I tried it on two different computers and keyboards and another user in that thread confirmed it. There is a track file attached to the other post.

As I described in this thread. Using the keyboard to move the rudder causes it to first move in the desired direction, and the move in the opposite direction and stay there. It makes the game completely unusable. I tried it on two different computers and keyboards and another user in that thread confirmed it. There is a track file attached to the other post.

Turn off rudder and take off assist. It does the same with rudder pedals too if those options are active.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

When i get back home i will check it my self, i've never used keyboard for rudder so far.

I used my twist axis in stick before i switched to rudder.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

When i get back home i will check it my self, i've never used keyboard for rudder so far.

I used my twist axis in stick before i switched to rudder.

OK. great. I have some pedals on order, but I might still occasionally play on a laptop away from home.

Well, thanks for checking it out. I've been reading some other threads and it looks as though it's been around for months, if not years. It's a bit disappointing that it hasn't been fixed yet. It's a pretty major bug, and I wouldn't have thought it would be that hard to fix.

Well, thanks for checking it out. I've been reading some other threads and it looks as though it's been around for months, if not years. It's a bit disappointing that it hasn't been fixed yet. It's a pretty major bug, and I wouldn't have thought it would be that hard to fix.

I tried p-51 bf 109 FW 190 both versions and i-16 in all of them rudder via keyboard works fine only spitfire has this wicked problem.

• 3 months later...

I can also confirm this bug, except it is not only the Spitfire that this is happening with. I also get this with the yak-52, and the bf109 (all other aircraft were tested and did not have this bug)

Anyways these are my notes:

Holding rudder left key and letting it reach max yaw left, then releasing it results in the rudder (and cockpit pedals) moving and sticking to the right (they never release on their own). Same for the other direction.

While locked rudder left, I press right rudder and release the rudder will move and lock left. If i press left rudder while it is locked left it will release the the rudder to center.

This only happens if the rudder hits the end of its travel, if it doesn't hit the limit it returns to center.

If I try to fight the rudder moving to the opposite direction. It will stop moving while I hold the opposite key, and continue moving in the same direction once i release, and it locks as normal

Looking at the input panel, it shows the input for me pressing yaw right, and when i release the input moves and locks left

I have no joysticks or controllers attached, all pilot aids and assists are turned off including the plane specific ones. I also verified files, and deleted my entire profile

This issue only effects prop planes, and has been tested on all the other prop planes, the other planes the rudder instantly snaps to center when the keyboard is released

This issue happens in both the ground and air using the z and x keys