Request: Makos 93rd FS

Jalio

Going to be awesome!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ok, finally after a lot of time I could put my hands on my works. Sorry to everyone for the delays, but of course this is only my hobby, and as always RL come first!

But let's starting to speak about

USAF 482nd Fighter Wing, 93rd FS "Makos"

Brief history

"In November of 1989 the 93rd Fighter Squadron began conversion from the F-4D to the F-16A/B. Homestead AFB is only 96 miles away from Cuba, making it a strategic location. On February 1st, 1992 the squadron changed designation from the 93rd Tactical Fighter Squadron to the 93rd Fighter Squadron.

In August of 1992, Homestead AFB was hammered by one of the worst storms ever to hit the United States in recent times. Homestead was devastated, but most of the aircraft had been evacuated. After the storm President Bush visited the area and promised it would be rebuilt, however the three active duty squadrons never returned just leaving the 93rd FS a USAFRes unit. While Homestead AFB was being rebuilt only for the 93rd FS, they were temporary based at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio from September to December 1992. Still waiting for repair work to be carried out the 93rd FS then moved to MacDill AFB, Florida for the time period of February 1993 to March 1994.

In 1995 the 93rd Fighter Squadron gave up its block 15's for the block 25/32. Most of the block 15's were retired to AMARC but some ended up with the 162nd FW in Arizona. Most of the units F-16s were block 32's but did fly three block 25's.

On October 23rd, 1999 Major Michael Lee of the 93rd FS won the Joe Bill Dryden Semper Viper Award for outstanding airmanship. Major Lee was flight lead in a two-aircraft flight patrolling the no-fly zone over northern Iraq. Near the beginning of the four-hour vulnerability period, two surface-to-air missiles were launched at coalition aircraft. Throughout the flight, aircraft received numerous radar-warning indications of antiaircraft artillery and surface-to-air missile threats. Lee performed inertial navigation system updates and aggressively positioned his flight close to the target area. By taking these actions, he was in position to identify the target when he observed the impact of a standoff weapon on one of the site's three missile launchers. Although the key target-tracking radar had not been attacked, Lee took his flight into a lethal threat ring to destroy the second launcher with two laser-guided bombs

Starting in 1999 and for the next two years, the 93rd FS started to receive the Situational Awareness Data Lind (SADL), LITENING II Targeting Pod for their F-16C/D's.

On July 1st, 1999 the 93rd Fighter Squadron lost a pilot, Major Samuel D’Angelo, in a low level training mission near Sebring, Florida. Evidence supports that there was a bird strike to the canopy and pilot which resulted in the loss to F-16C #84-1268.

In 2001 the squadron made another conversion, this time giving up the P&W engine for the GE block 30 with a big mouth inlet. "

Source: F-16.net

For the datails of 88-0404 check here

jkBm4Tq.jpg

NVXVTOr.jpg

RIouKVu.jpg

DidBRCV.jpg

n1l4yl5.jpg

Edited by PorcoRosso86

IndiaFoxtEcho Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here

LOVE IT!! I get to see these babies fly every day! Thanks for your work!! I was here for all these events. I remember when the squadron returned to Homestead after the base was repaired. I remember when they lost the pilot due to bird strike. I was working as a civilian at the time and it was a very sad day.

Edited by Laidback

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank very awesome

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Very nice skin, the only thing I would change is the tone of gray of the default 370gal fueltanks that you've used as base for the custom Makos ones: I don't know why ED don't used the same light gray of the undersides... And the difference for the 300gal centerline is even more noticeable…

vQY2WN6.png

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Very nice skin, the only thing I would change is the tone of gray of the default 370gal fueltanks that you've used as base for the custom Makos ones: I don't know why ED don't used the same light gray of the undersides... And the difference for the 300gal centerline is even more noticeable…

vQY2WN6.png

Good point, that could be a great improvement, i'll do asap!

I don't know why, but indeed the difference is really notable. Grazie auto!

IndiaFoxtEcho Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here

• 2 months later...

After the release of the official template, I finally complete the skin, with a lot of new details and tweaks

A big THANKYOU to Stan (Smiley) that provide me some fantastic hq texture made by him, like engine nozzle, gears and tyres, and many more.

In this final update:

- new improvements to roughmets

- a lot of new details

- new stencils

- new glass

- corrected some mistakes based from real pics

- real pilot names

- new engine intake

- new gears texture

- new tyre texture

- new pilot texture

- new helmet texture and normal