Wingsweep Handle on Takeoff in VR

Deadlift

Can somebody please explain to me how to operate the wingsweep handle in VR?

Now I get how it is supposed to function on startup, I just cant even operate that damn handle at all.

Neither any VR controller nor any combination of mouse and headset crosshair will either make it move, pop out in or move the thing.

I have bound both cover up down to hotas, all modes aft/forward/bomb/auto to hotas yet the thing will just not move at all...

I am at a loss this literally kills me doing any cold start atm.

Can somebody please explain to me how to operate the wingsweep handle in VR?

Now I get how it is supposed to function on startup, I just cant even operate that damn handle at all.

Neither any VR controller nor any combination of mouse and headset crosshair will either make it move, pop out in or move the thing.

I have bound both cover up down to hotas, all modes aft/forward/bomb/auto to hotas yet the thing will just not move at all...

I am at a loss this literally kills me doing any cold start atm.

Hello Deadlift!

I am using VR since many months, and never got an issue with this handle.

Considering your have powered your aircraft with hydraulic power (engines running):

To lift the handle I use the right mouse button, to move it I click the left mouse button and move the mouse. To lower the handle I press the right mouse again.

BUT: if I look to my lower left side in VR, my mouse is moving out of the DCS window's focus.

If the mouse cursor is near the lowest most left area, this might happen.

Maybe you have to check your DCS settings in the VR tab, there activate "Cursor confined to game window" which might make it easier.

But using the cursor at the edges of visible area will still be difficult/not work.

No other ideas at the moment.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I.... Never thought to axctually use the mouse if I have VR controllers.

That got it to work even though you gotta activate mouse first and no VR controllers can be active or the mouse input wont work.

That isn't very intuitive tbh.

THANKS !

I.... Never thought to axctually use the mouse if I have VR controllers.

That got it to work even though you gotta activate mouse first and no VR controllers cant be active or the mouse input wont work.

That isn't very intuitive tbh.

THANKS !

Just for my understanding: you are having your left hand on a (real) throttle, and your right hand on a (real) stick? Or are you flying only with VR controllers?

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Just for my understanding: you are having your left hand on a (real) throttle, and your right hand on a (real) stick? Or are you flying only with VR controllers?

I do have the warthog combi and pedals yes, however I use the controller to click anything I havent bound.

That works for 99% of the stuff, but obviously not the wingsweep handle.

(actually makes it quite immersive using the controller in addition)

Just to check, you are moving the handle only after you have got the engines running? I find that I have to get the engines running first to get the power to do it, then the automatic button will only work after I press the master caution button. Ive not noticed another other problems with it personally.

I never bother to use the VR controllers at all. They are pretty much useless with a hotas system, which is a shame. I like the point and shoot effect from them. Roll on cheap haptic gloves I guess.

Just to check, you are moving the handle only after you have got the engines running? I find that I have to get the engines running first to get the power to do it, then the automatic button will only work after I press the master caution button. Ive not noticed another other problems with it personally.

Well yes actually once I taxi'd to the respective cat.

This applies to cold start only, you cant use auto at that point as the handle cover is still open and the wings are swept to parking position.

Got to manually pop out the handle, push it all the way forward, and snap it back in, then close the cover, press master reset and THEN auto works.

I never bother to use the VR controllers at all. They are pretty much useless with a hotas system, which is a shame. I like the point and shoot effect from them. Roll on cheap haptic gloves I guess.

Gloves yes...

or that finger pointing device I've seen here.

A while I guess since all glove systems seem to suck still.

VR controllers are impractical right now. Just use the mouse...

False! start up flipping switches much faster and intuitive using you hands in the vr pit compared to a silly mouse.

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

I think we might add it as a keybind or axis even (no promise yet), to make its use easier in VR.

An axis would be amazing !

Thanks for at least considering it =)

False! start up flipping switches much faster and intuitive using you hands in the vr pit compared to a silly mouse.

Agreed, that kills immersion even faster for me than the controllers, especially since I got to "aim" very close with my head for it to work consistently