MFCD real size/resolution

zippoa

Actually that seems to be just about it. And makes sense if you compare that to the 4x4 mouse cinemas in the Viper that ain't legible at all, just like the old tiny iPhones with them 3.5" displays. When I sit with my feet on my pedals, my knees are within approx 60-70cm which roughly is the width of the 3 screens next to each other and that roughly translates to what I see in VR. They are that big. There is a reason they're easy to read.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

8x12 inches gives a diagonal length of 14.4 inches. Assuming this is the size of the entire MFD and not just the display, we can take a guess that the screen itself is 12 inches. I have a 12.3" monitor and comparing its size to pictures taken of the simulator, it seems about right.

I just spend a few hours yesterday try to find JF-17 cockpit dimension or details for the MFD, like to print the brezel and buttons.

I hope the developer team can share some details on this here, this would be great:thumbup:

In genral for the JF-17, i like it very much, a capabal multirole, with enough range for the maps we have

Nope. Every source says 8x12", and that size fits 3x into the cockpit of an old 3d model I made when this was first designed. This is the outer dimensions not the screen size.

However, if you don't believe me, or Wikipedia, then maybe the Pakistan Air Force Handbook is good enough? If you think Wiki is wrong, please go & correct it.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=CYqnBQAAQBAJ&lpg=PA80&ots=7crsGh7xvR&dq=mfd%20used%20by%20jf17&pg=PA80#v=onepage&q=mfd%20used%20by%20jf17&f=false

Edited by mkiii
lFormatting

But 8x12 is not 3:4. Or they really made custom LCD panel.

Yes? That's really no difference form the 1:1 panels in most other MFDs or the 5:2 / 5:4 found in other modern jets.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧