How to use the red DISP button?

Maulkin

I know how to use the dispenser switch that is located on the throttle but how do I use the big red button on the left wall near the throttle? I checked RedKite's video here:

and I checked Chuck's guide here:

https://www.mudspike.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/DCS-FA-18C-Hornet-Guide.pdf

But neither appear to go into this button...

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

That's the 'get all countermeasures thrown out of their canisters in a hurry' button.

It's a high emergency button and don't think it's implemented yet (for has no high priority one would presume).

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

It is implemented, however it is NOT involved in the ALE-47 programming from the MFD. The only way to change the programming is by editing the .lua file (can be found in mods/aircraft/fa-18c/cockpit/scripts/tews/device/).

Look in controls under "Dispense Button". I don't believe it is bound to a key by default. And yes, the default programming of it is excessive. You've got 1 press and you're empty pretty much.

• Thanks 1

It is implemented, however it is NOT involved in the ALE-47 programming from the MFD. The only way to change the programming is by editing the .lua file (can be found in mods/aircraft/fa-18c/cockpit/scripts/tews/device/).

Look in controls under "Dispense Button". I don't believe it is bound to a key by default. And yes, the default programming of it is excessive. You've got 1 press and you're empty pretty much.

I believe that is how the real jet is. Its and oh $h!t button.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

OK I think I understand how it works now. First, the dispenser system must be set to OK (no BYPASS) and the EW set up in manual mode. Once that is done the big red button uses a 'hidden' manual mode 6 (you can only see manual modes 1 to 5) which has the following parameters, by default:

chaff = 2

flare =2

interval = 0.75

cycle =20

This means that pressing the red button will effectively dump all 40 flares and chaff in 15 seconds. This can be changed by editing the file:

~\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\TEWS\device\CMDS_ALE47.lua

and look for the line:

-- MAN 6 - Wall Dispense button, Panic

• Thanks 1

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

I could imagine it will get a more meaningful functions if or when we get the auto mode.

Right now it's useless.

It’s only “useless” with the default programming. Adjust it to a more realistic dispense sequence and it serves its intended function perfectly.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL