Request: Mark ARC stations on the F10 map.

JanTelefon

Hi!

I'm sorry if this has been asked before or if there is even a solution for it that I am unaware of. I have been searching quite a bit, but been unable to find one.

I would very much appreciate if the ARC stations marked in the kneeboard could be added to the F10 map with some sort of symbol on the beacons on the map that actually are ARC stations. This would allow for some course plotting to be made easier than trying to figure out which ARC station is which comparing the kneeboard with the F10 map.

I'm not sure if this would be done on Leathernecks part or Eagle Dynamics (my bet would be on eagle dynamics), but I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you very much for your time.

LN has chosen to have a proprietary nav system.

ARC is the acronym for NDB in Russian. It's the same system: English name NDB, Russian name ARC

If the LN-21 will depict a real ARC-10, MRP-56 marker beacon, and a real RSBN equipment, like in the Fagot and the Albatross, all will be easier.

Maybe in the medium-long term, with the upcoming Viggen, LN will change to a most accurate depiction of a navigation system, either western or Russian.

Why?

You've got a working Lua for Russian navigation (NDB/RSBN/PRMG) since Blackshark 1. Even the Russian FC3 planes use this implementation (for PRMG)

In the NTTR I can fly with the Albatross and the RSBN in manual mode without any RSBN stations.

It's like ask for a TACAN and ILS station in every airport in every city in the world.

In a future LN map, LN must use the standard implementation or the other planes cannot make a proper navigation/approach.

If every developer makes their own system, the "DCS open idea" is dead.

Edited by Tarres