Weapons falling long

JanTelefon

This needs more testing, but I'd like to air my thoughts on it. Currently I have a tendency to land my weapons long of my intended target. It seems to be mostly ARAK and slick bombs. In both level drop and dive mode my bomb salvo usually lands long. In the tutorial the ARAK usually land long as well. High drag bombs in CCIP mode seems to work well.

I try my best to set the QFE properly and unsafe only when I have the pipper on the target and the radar ranging fin showing. Could the QFE settings be bugged? I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this, or if it's simply me and my procedure that is wrong.

Thanks in advance.

And i assume you are launching at the launch queue?

(Wings on the Pipper appear).

Ive never had any problems when it comes to accuracy using the High Drag bombs or Arak (or Akan for that matter) when in ANF mode with Radar ranging.

Only times i have accuracy problems is when i mess it up myself by missing the launch queue (Usually due to not having the pipper on the target yet when the Launch command goes off) but launching anyway 1-2 sec to late

(with the predictable result of the weapons missing).

I might be launching early/late with the ARAK. I will have to review my launch parameters. So as for level bombing with slick bombs, is the same thing true there? I was under the impression I could press and hold the trigger as a kind of CCRP when the target has been designated with the safety latch.

I was also under the impression that the flashing time line indicated a two second window during which the firing solution is valid. I seem to be mistaken.

Thanks for your response by the way.

This needs more testing, but I'd like to air my thoughts on it. Currently I have a tendency to land my weapons long of my intended target. It seems to be mostly ARAK and slick bombs. In both level drop and dive mode my bomb salvo usually lands long. In the tutorial the ARAK usually land long as well. High drag bombs in CCIP mode seems to work well.

I try my best to set the QFE properly and unsafe only when I have the pipper on the target and the radar ranging fin showing. Could the QFE settings be bugged? I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this, or if it's simply me and my procedure that is wrong.

Thanks in advance.

I've experienced long bombs as well - most notably with LEVEL release. I'm now thinking that the QFE setting in the kneeboard might be out by a couple of hPa.

If you active pause over the target area and match the altimeter/QFE with the Radar Alt, the QFE that syncs the two readings is 1-2 hPa less than the kneeboard. Dropping with this new QFE setting got me direct hits on the aimpoint.

Whether it is a wrong kneeboard QFE or merely the 2 hPa just corrects something else going on is up for debate. Try it and see what results you guys get.