Choose on which monitor to display DCS

Hi,

Maybe it's already been discussed and I didn't find the thread, but I discovered an unexpected scenario: I have two monitors and cannot move DCS to display on the other one. I don't want multi monitor setup, I just want to show it on one monitor. Right now it always displays on monitor 1, as defined in windows.

By default DCS shows on the screen you designate in Windows as your main display. If you uncheck "Full Screen View" in settings, you should be able to move it to the other screen. The other option would be to make the screen you want DCS on the main display in Windows.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

If making that screen the main display in Windows would have worked for me, I would have already done that. I'm looking for alternate solutions. I did uncheck the full screen button, but basically nothing happens, it's not like I see a window bar which I can drag and drop to the other monitor. To me, full screen or not, it looks the same. If it's a borderless window, then I can't drag it.

create a custom monitor LUA

and change the coordinates from 0,0, for X/Y to -1920 for x to move left, and 1920 to move right on 1080p screens.

Setting a display as the "Primary Windows Display" also works, as I do it all the time.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Well I already tried that on the file I think was the default config for DCS2.5, called 1Camera.lua. Nothing changed.

There are also 2 properties, viewDx and viewDy, both set to zero. I'm not sure if I should modify those as well.

No, those determine your view direction. I would do what Skate mentioned but set your resolution to your total horizontal resolution. So if you have 2 x full HD monitors you'd set your resolution to 3840 ingame and set your viewport to 1920x1080 but with an x-offset of 1920 (or -1920 depending on where you 2nd monitor is).

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

Ok, so in the end I got mixed results. The thing I had never done before was to set resolution to 3840. Now I get it to display on the second monitor, and my primary monitor is black. All this only works in-game, the main menu, settings, map editor etc are still displaying wherever the hell they want.

I guess that's the most I can get. Either that or rearrange monitors in Windows every time I play DCS

• ED Team

Just make the monitor you want to display DCS on your default in windows.

I have three monitors currently my main monitor is in the middle, the other two on each side, I display DCS on the middle one, DCS chooses the middle one without any editing as it is my default one in windows.

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Now I get it to display on the second monitor, and my primary monitor is black.[
Then you probably didn't set the X coord from the viewport right.

In case you didn't yet, you can also define your GUI window. Add something like this to your monitor configuration:

GUI =

{

x = 1920; -- Maybe needs to be 0 or -1920

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

}

UIMainView = GUI

Edited by Coug4r

-

That's what I did, and as I said, I got it to display on the second monitor, which was what I wanted, but the primary monitor was black, because my secondary monitor is actually on the left side.

But the main problem with this is that the menus and mission editor cannot be changed, they are always displayed on the primary monitor.

So i assume you have 2 monitors, left and right, left is your main monitor as defined in windows but you want DCS to show on the right monitor right?

Can you post your monitor setup file (or contents of)?

Edited by Coug4r

-