Mods disappear?

sc275

This is normal... during auto-update the updater checks your whole DCS installation and if something is not matching to default installation it makes backup folder with all those files in there, then during update it repairs those files to stock/default ones.

No longer active in DCS...

Is it me or do my mods disappear after each automatic update? I installed the kneeboard mod and it keeps disappearing after every update it seems. Is there anyway to prevent this from happening?

Use JSGME mod applicator..before install of new patch remove the mods you have installed then after the patch update use JSGME again to install your preferred mods...:thumbup:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

BY the way, be careful when you use those old files into new installation... most time there won't be an issue and your mods will still work but can also happen that those files that are modded were changed during update and if you use old ones it can create issues.

So rule of thumb is:

If you use old modded files and something suddenly doesn't work... this would be 1st place to look... make DCS repair then start using those files one by one to see which one gives the issue... once you find it make sure you edit the new file and not use old edited file and structure of those files can change.

No longer active in DCS...