Announcing Tu-22M3 Troika by Black Cat Simulations

• 2 weeks later...
Any update on the Tu-22M3? There was an "update" to come months ago yet there is no videographic evidence, nor' pictures of the plane flying in-game. I am quite worried that the Tu-22M3 is not even existant in the game right now as a mod.

Give them some time...

I think the Black Cat team is busy working on an actual module, instead of say, making loading screens. I would much rather see 2-3 updates a year than daily updates with trivial progress.

Well, some sort of video has been promised since the beginning of January. And even then, progress has been very vague. For an up and coming payware module dev, earning your potential customer's trust by fulfilling what you give your word on, is a bit important.

Any update on the Tu-22M3? There was an "update" to come months ago yet there is no videographic evidence, nor' pictures of the plane flying in-game. I am quite worried that the Tu-22M3 is not even existant in the game right now as a mod.

How is this a problem ?

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Makes it hard to trust somebody who promised an update in January which was 3 months ago from now. He also promised the release of this mod for July 2017 but ever since he has been making siednotes about "adding quick details here and there" at a 99% finished mod?

The guy is doing it on his free time, he hasn't sold anything to anyone. I still fail to see the problem.

Remember that in development 10% of the work takes 90% of the time ;).

I don't see the word promise with a quick search : https://forums.eagle.ru/search.php?searchid=17466645

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

• ED Team

Guys go easy, when the Op has info to share on his mod I am sure he will.

As for paid mods, they require an agreement with ED.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Makes it hard to trust somebody who promised an update in January which was 3 months ago from now. He also promised the release of this mod for July 2017 but ever since he has been making siednotes about "adding quick details here and there" at a 99% finished mod?

Black Cat is not working on a MOD. This is the term for simple or complex MODifications to the game. A MODULE in DCS is a paid, full-featured flyable aircraft. Brian Cooper has stated that they intend to seek a license from ED to develop the Tu-22 as a paid module. As I understand it they are currently working up a technology demonstration to present to ED. They have made it abundantly clear that they expect the development process to take years to complete, as DCS modules usually do. Sirius, I kind of thought you would understand this by now...?

For those who follow these forums, there are plenty of examples of this kind of thinking, but I hope Brian and his team will learn this lesson now: Something as trivial as a missed deadline for an informal status report, for some people constitutes a "broken promise." I think the vast majority of DCS customers are more mature than this but there's no need to subject yourself to the opinions of the vocal minority. Never even guess a date for anything, make every update a surprise!

Good luck, Briana et al! :thumbup:

From your "mod" (3 and counting) experience you sure do lack the sense of time and effort required to make a MODULE. If you actually took notice of what was posted in the last coming months he has had issues with getting MATLAB to work over with the DCS API.

Just be patient, he doesn't owe us anything. He can provide updates when and how he pleases since it's technically not a module yet by a developmental log.

Edited by LevelPulse

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

dillio and LevelPulse, thanks I now know I'm not the only one who think this way, I would add rep if it was still there.
You are definitely not the only one! As dillio pointed out very well, the most members of the community understand this.

Some guys seem to think they just have to complain enough to speed up development/get features implemented or changed/immediately make developers produce their preferred aircraft.

As Bignewy said, to produce a paid DCS module a contract with ED is required.

So after(!) we see a "Black Cat section" on this forum with an official production statement, development plan and maybe an estimated release date, this is a spare time project of some nice individuals that owe the community (not customers, as we did never even pay a penny, yet) not even an update or anything.

We may kindly ask about a status, or express our urge for a nice picture or video, but there is no obligation for Brian/Black Cat to "give" anything, unless they want to.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I'm just worried that the Tu-22M3 won't come out which I am sure that I am probably wrong on. Check around in the 20's to 35's pages for when he mentioned of it being released in July 2017 as an official developer. I do hope however that I am proven wrong and I see Black Cat Simulations appear in the 3rd party section, hats off!

You're missing the point. They don't owe us anything, and that "July 2017" date wasn't when he was going to release it. Please re-read before you go mis-quote something.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz

• 3 weeks later...
Anything new on the Backfire? Just asking since it's been a little while and I check the mods section all the time hoping to see something new from the Tu-22M3 thread :)

If there was it would be posted by Brian on this thread so no.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz

iirc, there was going to be a video about this mod a few months ago.

if a video needs too much effort, at least a few pics would be good.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

iirc, there was going to be a video about this mod a few months ago.

if a video needs too much effort, at least a few pics would be good.

Yes that is correct, he hoped to show a video of the mod incorporating the systems/EFM (Can't remember the exact details) that he made through matlab but experienced issues.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz

I think at this point a simple "i am still alive, project is still going" message would be even more welcome than pics or videos. But that's just for me :)

Yeah that's all i want, seems like he hasn't logged into the forums for over a month now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz

I think at this point a simple "i am still alive, project is still going" message would be even more welcome than pics or videos. But that's just for me :)

Yes, that was pretty much what I was going for too. No obligation for Brian to upload any photos/videos, just knowing this wonderful bird is still being worked on would be nice to know is all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]