Lock / autoset CPU affinity

JayPee

Is it possible to have the exe lock or autoset the CPU affinity so I don't have to manually do this everytime I start a flight? Tried some utils I found via Google but so far all are very old and don't work on i7s and W7x64.

Also, with hyperthreading enabled, is it safe to assume W7 appoints CPU 0 and 1 to core 1, CPU 2 and 3 to core 2, etc.?

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

Thanks, will try it as soon as Im home.

Also, is it best to set the process to 2 threads on 1 core, or to set it to 2 physically different cores?

U have nvidia or amd gfx? if amd download radeon pro it has the same feature to set affinity.

Priffinity should work with any system as i used it with win7 home premium with success.

did u download prifinity beta for win x64?

I can send U mine tomorrow after i come home from hospital.

@Jaypee : Here is a link for a great tool, "Bill2's Process Manager", a must-have process manager (it's been updated recently, may 2013, iirc). It does the same things as "Prifinity" but in a more deeper, flexibility and friendly way.

http://www.bill2-software.com/processmanager/download-en.shtml

(just click on "Show this page in english" to get two download buttons, only if you don't speak french, obviously !)

IMPORTANT : Bill2's Process Manager's native language is French, but it is translated in many others languages (english included).

I use it since 2009, and i'm very happy with it.

(sorry for my bad english, this one is not my native language).:music_whistling:

Perhaps try Process Lasso - http://bitsum.com/

I find it's very useful indeed. Trial version will manage thread priority for defined processes without any problems, so there's no real need to purchase. Worth the money if you do decide to buy a licence.

I don't always openly list my things. But when I do, I put it in my signature.

I got Prifinity to work but it seems messing with affinities/priorities only reduces my FPS so I'm back to 4 cores * hyperthreading = 8 virtual cores.