World Damage Modelling

Hi everyone,

Firstly my apologies if this is in the wrong forum section -admins/mods please feel free to move to the correct section if applicable.

I've spent many enjoyable hours watching DCS on YouTube, with the.ikesof the Grim Reapers conducting their various missions. However, what ruins the immersion are a couple of things such as when seeing an aircraft “hit” by a missile that is still sailing past it in the sky and when runways are cluster bombed but still appear unscathed when viewed afterwards.

I’m sure it’s very involved to programme these things in, but not impossible as environment damage has long been a feature in gaming. I know that the vehicles are seen destroyed and flaming but wouldn’t it be great to raid the enemy’s airbase and render it inoperable for takeoff/landing due to the runway being more pitted than a teenager with Acne!

Standing by to be shot down!

Cheers

Rick

(No call sign still trying to work one out / open to suggestions)

Hi and thanks. I made the point about cratering on ru ways as I’ve watched many, many videos and whilst the cpbombs do indeed explode, there doesn’t appear to be left behind a cratered runway. I appreciate the answer though and am still looking for a call Sign!

Mate, we've obviously got different standards and expectations. I can see your point as the damage to the soft ground does actually look a bit cratered but the runway looks like someone’s rubbed it with a charcoal pencil as opposed to having made a bloody big hole in the tarmac / concrete!

Thanks for the images anyway, but to my mind it needs more.