IMPROVED AAR

JTFF - Raph

Hi there, some ideas for an improved AAR:

- Basket or boom damaging the aircraft when refueling is not executed as intended and vice-versa the possibility to damage the basket/boom (as an option)

- Working KC-135 MPRS

- Radio transmitions with the tanker improved and also check turns anounced

- Possibility to change anchor patterns (race tracks) by F10 map with combined arms

- improved night illumination

- improved 3D models and meshing

- add some effects when disconnected (some jet of fuel)

Please add your ideas in the thread and make it visible to ED team.

Cheers.

Modules: Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandie, FC3, CA, Super Carrier, A-10C, A-10C II, F/A-18C, F-16 C, F-14 B, SA342, and WWII stuff.

Hardware: I7 8700K, Geforce GTX 1080Ti 11Go OC, 32Gb RAM, screen resolution 2K

Devices: Hotas Warthog, Cougar MFDs, Saitek rudder pedals, Track IR

My squadron: http://jtff.fr/SITE/

It’s being worked on. Wags said a good while ago they were implementing new AAR features. As usual no time frame given. I’m so looking forward to this too

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

It’s being worked on. Wags said a good while ago they were implementing new AAR features. As usual no time frame given. I’m so looking forward to this too

Nice! Thanks for the informations buddy! Glad to see that they communicated about that!

Edited by FrM | Raph

Modules: Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandie, FC3, CA, Super Carrier, A-10C, A-10C II, F/A-18C, F-16 C, F-14 B, SA342, and WWII stuff.

I would like for at least the basket and drogue not to visibly clip through the cockpit/aircraft... that goes for the boom as well.

Yeah sure! A physical grid for the entire aircraft should be the best way to implement thoses functionalities .

An AAR Update would be nice. Agree in all points.

Some other AI Tanker aircrafts would be nice as well (KC-10, F/A-18E/F Buddy Refueling). At least we are getting the KA-6C and the S-3 soon.

What do you mean with "Working KC-135 MPRS"? Working in the sense of able to refuel both types of connection system in one aircraft? This would certainly be highly appreciated :thumbup:.

Radio comms could be improved. Maybe add other voices as well. The pilot should be able to request a limited amount of fuel.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

An AAR Update would be nice. Agree in all points.

Some other AI Tanker aircrafts would be nice as well (KC-10, F/A-18E/F Buddy Refueling). At least we are getting the KA-6C and the S-3 soon.

What do you mean with "Working KC-135 MPRS"? Working in the sense of able to refuel both types of connection system in one aircraft? This would certainly be highly appreciated :thumbup:.

Radio comms could be improved. Maybe add other voices as well. The pilot should be able to request a limited amount of fuel.

Hi! Yes I was thinking about the ability to refuel both type of A/C :)

Fully agree with quantity request!

Edited by FrM | Raph

Would REALLY love for the MPRS to work properly, would make mission buiding easier

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

AAR filler quantity could be made easy enough.

Have 10 choices in a submenu in coms menu.

F1 10%

F2 20%

F3 30%

F9 90%

F10 100%

That would mean, how full you want the aircraft to be when transfer complete is triggered.

Fiddling around with pounds of fuel to transfer will be harder considering the amount of different aircrafts are going to refuel.

Having a % will make sense to all, and be 'off the shelf' technology.

Would like baskets colliding with airframe. And baskets getting sucked inn to the turbine or air intake.

Probes that crack the cannope if we fly into it. If we bang it into the airframe, I want to hear it, making me cringe in an au au au fashion.

This may not be directly related, more with damage modelling, but fuel tankers deserve more damage modelling than normal transport jets, it's heavy fuel, possibly flammable, but in terms of air-refueling, if the line gets loose, damaged in a way, or that there would be fuel spillage, there should be some damage modelling from spilled fuel in terms of possbility of that dispersed fuel igniting by the temperature of the receiving jet's engine, ofcourse more change if afterburner on, but the mixture has to get close enough, so the fuel-air stuff could be modelled for that purpose. If it ignites it could ignite into a fireball depending on how that fuel is dispersed by the malfunctioned boom/cable, so it may travel toward upwards along the lenght of the receiving airplane and that could perhaps cause damage or something, damaging antennas, sensors or something, schorching the canopy making it smudged and harder to see out, the flames wouldn't then travel upward the cable/boom ofcourse, but I guess if you immediately move away after ignition then you may just be lucky to get away with it as the materials will yet to absorb the heat, and in the end the tanker could be continuing with it's flight with a burning flame behind ... except if the operator then shuts off the supply shortly after things

Ah it's a bit of a thing, then it would need to simulate the delay of operator shutting down the supply (valve) and remaining fuel in the boom/cable ... so unless some enemy aircraft kills the operator by shooting right there at the back I guess the burning effect won't last long, but in theory that should be possible, if no boom operator to close the valve, it would leak indefinitely and if burning, would also burn indefinitely ...

IF .... ofcourse kerosense is able to ignite in air like this (I think yes if high enough heat) and then it would be determined by environment how long that lasts, super high wind or speed or manouvers by the tanker, rain, snow, fog, clouds, could extinguish the flame, by varying degrees.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

it's heavy fuel, possibly flammable

Nice imagination but highly improbable. Name one real life accident due to flamability of the fuel during AAR. Jet fuel has to be vapourised to be dangerous. And no one uses AB near the tanker anyway.

Looks like nobody cares here:

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sad to see that...

if you want realism then the real difference apart from quantity tasking is actually the tanker will fly at the speed for your type not just a set speed in the mission editor. Currently its the wrong way around, aircraft has to fly for tanker airspeed which is not always the most stable for the aircraft attempting to tank.

Each aircraft has a refuel speed guideline and the tanker will fly at this airspeed at an altitude that has the cleanest air.

Wish they would make it so that the basket cannot come though the aircraft - be great when damage model is complete.

Also fuel flow rates, i've not noticed a difference between tanking from a boom or a basket, the latter should be slower.

Current position for ready pre contact is wrong. This could be coded to be on the port side in the form up area used for trim, nose cold, master arm off, flaps up and checked, speedbrake off, probe out and locked.

A2A refueling is currently to easy with no emphasis required on safety re breakaway, not punished for pushing a bad approach.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Also note that currently you can connect to the basket from the front (hose side) or AAR using different the other type like F-15 from the basket or F-18 from the boom. That should go away asap.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Please! Servers always see the drogues extended...change this to like the client, that need to intent to refuel to get the drogue extended...and after finish the refuel, the drogue retract and don't extended to go through the jet please! Simple problem that need to be fix!

Another big thing to update is the night lights turn off when there is jets near the tanker as NATOPS says!

F1 10%

F2 20%

F3 30%

F9 90%

F10 100%

That would mean, how full you want the aircraft to be when transfer complete is triggered.

Fiddling around with pounds of fuel to transfer will be harder considering the amount of different aircrafts are going to refuel.

Would like baskets colliding with airframe. And baskets getting sucked inn to the turbine or air intake.

Probes that crack the cannope if we fly into it. If we bang it into the airframe, I want to hear it, making me cringe in an au au au fashion.

A better way to do that is to bracket the options by thousands of pounds of fuel...or in half thousands? "Panton 4-1, requesting 4K"

I would like for at least the basket and drogue not to visibly clip through the cockpit/aircraft... that goes for the boom as well.

Yeah, getting to to bounce off the receiver aircraft without registering as damage or a hit would be nice!

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For this to Work you Need a Checkbox to disable them functions in multiplayer id say.

lots of ppl are trying to learn Pretty much all Things online in multiplayer and get mad when it doesnt work the way they imagine also to take in account is the potential of desync while flying close to a tanker in a busy mp Server oh boii

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksen

F1 10%

F2 20%

F3 30%

F9 90%

F10 100%

With all the Things currently beeing worked on are those functions realy the last thing we need + the probe and Basket modelling. IMO there are lot more corfunctions wich are way more important so i think ist better to not expand the wishlist with 100 and thousands of Things wich are probably a step back after all