Guard Frequency - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-13-2020, 06:51 AM   #11
Grodlund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
Seriously?

The Guard channel is the GUARD channel. its not for tuning awacs. Its for listening to downed pilots or other emergencies. Not the least bit Sorry if that doesn't "work for you".
I didn't ask for you to be sorry. And I don't need it either.
Listening to downed pilots might be useful in real life.
In this game however, it's not.

In this game it's useful to have a radio for AWACS/EWR.
That's why I asked.

But thx. You may keep your sorries
Old 01-13-2020, 08:05 AM   #12
Shimmergloom667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grodlund View Post
That's all good and sound logic and all, and I appreciate you taking time to answer.but.

1) this is a game
2) other aircraft can do it.

But cool.
I got the question answered. Thanx
What? Which other plane can edit guard freq?

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | UH-1H
Shimmergloom667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:49 AM   #13
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:

That's why I asked.

I hate to break the news, but this is the wrong Simulation for you, if you expect to get magical toys and tools beyond what the real plane provides.
There are cheats and options provided to ease your handling of devices and reduce your workload, but Guard Frequency is a fixed frequency circuit and not a third radio.
It cannot(!) be changed by the pilot. Its purpose forbids this and it is way more than "listening to downed pilots".
A simple way to switch between frequencies are the channel presets. That might help.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:41 PM   #14
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:

That's why I asked.

The Jeff has 2 radios one of which you typically use for the D/L, and its a very real IRL limitation of the air frame, and it increases pilot workload. You know "real simulator" issues. And honestly its not hard to punch in a different freq when you need it.

Same thing with the CM programs, unlike western jets getting a separate flare/chaff dispense button? Not there. Again, a limitation of the airframe.

Don't like it? Need Haxxx? Well, maybe this isn't the game for you.

Ace combat is that way... ---->
Old 01-13-2020, 04:53 PM   #15
AeriaGloria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
The Jeff has 2 radios one of which you typically use for the D/L, and its a very real IRL limitation of the air frame, and it increases pilot workload. You know "real simulator" issues

This hubbub about radios is exactly why The block II has three radios. You weren’t supposed to use DL without it. This is why all the promotional material says Block II has datalink and we all freaked out here on the forum when Deka started showing data link Images and we realized they are incorporating block II software

Last edited by AeriaGloria; 01-13-2020 at 05:01 PM.
AeriaGloria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:47 PM   #16
Terrorban

Quote:

That's why I asked.

I understand your frustration but cannot agree with your reasoning. The best bet you might have is to request someone to mod it in for you instead of expecting the developers to tweak the simulation.

Most people here spend weeks debating if functions on this simulator are reaslistic enough when compared with the actual thing. You are asking for the opposite so you can see from the responses that this is probably not the best place or software for these kinds of questions and arguements.

Calling it a game wont change the fact that this is a game within the "simulation" category and its main selling point is the incredible level of detail when compared with the real aircrafts.

These are 3RD Party Developers so if one does something for the sake of gameplay, please do not expect that all the other developers will follow through with that rule.

I have seen people talk that the developers will eventually add another radio into this jet but so far I did not find any official statement so not sure about the validity of that information. I guess we will find out when they discuss the AAR function.

I hope this helps and wish you a nice time flying.

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED -LEARNING- UNTOUCHED

Last edited by Terrorban; 01-13-2020 at 08:37 PM. Reason: typos
Terrorban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:59 PM   #17
AeriaGloria

They have mentioned that changes for Block II are more than just AAR. It requires different plumbing and electrics with the AAR light, landing gear lights, OBOGS, the mentioned third radio. What I’ve been trying to figure out is our payload capacity in game, last time I checked it seemed about 3700kg, which would be increased to 5000kg for block II. There is also the radar, there are many mentions that Block II introduced KLJ-7V2 with increased power. How much of the payload increase and radar power increase are software I don’t know.

It’s not the easiest thing to get concrete info on JF-17, especially now with multiple blocks. If there is concrete info out there on third radio I would love to see it. It was actually these forums where someone first mentioned the third radio to me. I decided to believe them, there’s not exactly pictures of Block II cockpits making rounds around the web and brochures are rarely more specific then “improved datalink”
Old 01-13-2020, 06:57 PM   #18
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeriaGloria View Post
They have mentioned that changes for Block II are more than just AAR. It requires different plumbing and electrics with the AAR light, landing gear lights, OBOGS, the mentioned third radio. What I’ve been trying to figure out is our payload capacity in game, last time I checked it seemed about 3700kg, which would be increased to 5000kg for block II. There is also the radar, there are many mentions that Block II introduced KLJ-7V2 with increased power. How much of the payload increase and radar power increase are software I don’t know.

It’s not the easiest thing to get concrete info on JF-17, especially now with multiple blocks. If there is concrete info out there on third radio I would love to see it. It was actually these forums where someone first mentioned the third radio to me. I decided to believe them, there’s not exactly pictures of Block II cockpits making rounds around the web and brochures are rarely more specific then “improved datalink”
Yeah, I mean I'd love to have a spare radio to make life easier, but if the version of the Jeff we have doesn't have, well life sucks for me. And its a good point about total aircraft weight and payload considerations.I haven't seen anything on a KLJ-7V2, though there is supposedly an KLJ-7A (AESA) for the block 3 which at a guess we won't see in game.

And yeah, I've been trying to find out some info on this "Link-17" DL we have, mainly to see if/how it interfaces with L16, but info is very scarce.

I figure Deka are the only ones with some actual good real world documentation on this plane, so we'll have to trust em.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:02 PM   #19
AeriaGloria

I meant to include these links with my original post. Not much concrete info, but atleast an aggregate of the little info that is out there, including a still of a video showing Link-17 working

https://quwa.org/2016/04/05/link-17-...a-link-system/

https://quwa.org/2015/10/17/jf-17-bl...ils-confirmed/

Also Block III radar is not confirmed, there are two or three competitors which also include the LKF-601, but I don’t want to go too far off topic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	56619AFD-8F9B-4AC7-8BDD-8EFF7B691D1E.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	224969   Click image for larger version

Name:	ACB825AA-FC87-48CF-912E-E15993883922.jpeg
Views:	50
Size:	284.2 KB
ID:	224970   Click image for larger version

Name:	93236C81-FC68-4C54-AFC1-1E53452F97E0.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	224971  

Click image for larger version

Name:	E98870E2-B78D-4C61-8F23-15268EEEDA38.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	224972  

Last edited by AeriaGloria; 01-13-2020 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:06 PM   #20
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeriaGloria View Post
I meant to include these links with my original post. Not much concrete info, but atleast an aggregate of the little info that is out there, including a still of a video showing Link-17 working

https://quwa.org/2016/04/05/link-17-...a-link-system/

https://quwa.org/2015/10/17/jf-17-bl...ils-confirmed/

Also Block III radar is not confirmed, there are two or three competitors which also include the LKF-601, but I don’t want to go too far off topic
Ooooh, I so want LOAL capability for the SD-10, that would be epic! As would the whining.

Thanks for those links very enlightening.

Looks like no news on L16 and L17 compatibility, but the link suggests that its probably "translated" by the Awacs. So no fighter to fighter between JF17 and F16/18 etc.

Also what is the LS-3? I assume its just lighter or heavier version of the LS-6.

Last edited by Harlikwin; 01-13-2020 at 07:12 PM.
Harlikwin is offline   Reply With Quote