[B]F111-Aardvark ~ Why you LOVE IT & why we need it[/B] - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-07-2020, 06:43 AM   #21
Buckshot_AUS

I definitely would absolutely love to see this aircraft. For all of the reasons stated by the OP, and the reasons described by the guy who suggested that Heatblur would be the perfect candidate. However, the biggest reason for me is the game-play it could generate. Could you imagine penetrating low level, supersonic, at sea level, using your TFR at 200ft above the deck, just to smash a target with pinpoint precision and get the heck out of dodge while being chased down (attempted chasing). It would bring so much OCA/precision strike action to the game that is currently very lacking. I say go for it! I'd commit $1000USD to it's development without blinking.
Buckshot_AUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:41 AM   #22
Jonne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot_AUS View Post
I definitely would absolutely love to see this aircraft. For all of the reasons stated by the OP, and the reasons described by the guy who suggested that Heatblur would be the perfect candidate. However, the biggest reason for me is the game-play it could generate. Could you imagine penetrating low level, supersonic, at sea level, using your TFR at 200ft above the deck, just to smash a target with pinpoint precision and get the heck out of dodge while being chased down (attempted chasing). It would bring so much OCA/precision strike action to the game that is currently very lacking. I say go for it! I'd commit $1000USD to it's development without blinking.
You mean like exactly what the AJS 37 already does?

Not that I do not like the idea of the F-111 in the game, actually I would be quite happy to see it. But its mission is not new to DCS.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:02 PM   #23
Richard Dastardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonne View Post
You mean like exactly what the AJS 37 already does?

Not that I do not like the idea of the F-111 in the game, actually I would be quite happy to see it. But its mission is not new to DCS.
Well, it doesn't have TFR, but all that does is remove the pilot from the equation :p Tornado & presumably F-111 have somewhat more sophisticated radar than the Viggen, might be worth it for the right mission.
Old 02-10-2020, 07:06 AM   #24
JamesRothwell

I'd buy this module for sure, especially if it was made by Heatblur to F14 standards.
JamesRothwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:55 AM   #25
Lt_RAzOr_957

WOULD ASBOLUTELY LOVE IT
Lt_RAzOr_957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:32 AM   #26
deadpool

It would be nice to have an electronic warfare plane in DCS. But that would need the whole Jamming thing reworked.
deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 10:59 PM   #27
DaWu

Not interested at all
DaWu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 12:33 PM   #28
Badger1-1

You made me fall in love with that beauty! Someone HAS to do it!
Badger1-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 06:11 AM   #29
Buckshot_AUS

You know you want it!

https://imgur.com/0qRwgEU
Buckshot_AUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 07:56 PM   #30
Notso

Meh. Its an interesting aircraft if you're into analog cockpits and vietnam and cold war era tech. If DCS or a 3rd party ever did model this, you would absolutely want the F model. It was the only one with PGM capability once they added the Pave Tack Pod back in the 80s.

To make this an effective DCS module, ED or whoever would have to model both the pilot and WSO seats and functions as well as implementing a good ground mapping radar system to make this work. The WSO was everything on the aircraft in terms of finding and attacking targets and IIRC there is no transfer of control of the radar and pave tack pod to the pilot like you would have in the Strike Eagle or similar. And even though the F-model had the Pave Tack pod, its primary means of navigation and attack was still the radar.
i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, MSI Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON, 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Windows 10 Pro, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM T-flight Rudder pedals
Notso is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aardvark, f111, module, pig, you want