L-15B, a wishlist and suggestion for future modules. - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-13-2019, 03:33 PM   #1
J-20

Default L-15B, a wishlist and suggestion for future modules.

Dear Deka team, please consider making this wonderful jet in your future module.
This is a Chinese designed jet trainer called L-15. With so many jet trainers we already have, why shouldn’t we get a new jet trainer? Well, because this will be a fun package for a whole family. and the performance of this jet is so good which allows it to do jobs which cannot be done in other jet trainers. Please allow me to explain.

1. Flight performance as a fighter:
Even though all those jet trainers we have in the DCS are designed for training fighter pilots. However, you cannot use those jet trainers as a fighter in combat, because they just don’t have the speed or climb rate for that role. However, if you take a look at the flight performance of the L-15, you will see it has a better climb rate than F-5E, and with slightly less top speed and slightly more service ceiling compare to F-5E.

2: Avionic, sensor, and weaponry.
The cockpit looks very similar to the JF-17, therefore, for those who had purchased JF-17, you will spend much less time learning your way for this module.

In this trainer, we will get a PESA radar, which if made, will be the best radar in the entire DCS.

For air combat, It supports modern BVR missiles like the SD-10 which we are already familiar with.

Many modern jet trainers often brand themselves as “light attacker”. But let’s face it, what can they do as a “light attacker”? With their unguided rockets and bombs? And they don't even have a RWR, how are they going to survive in the modern warfare without RWR.

But L-15B has a modern RWR similar to the ones in JF-17. And the L-15B can carry a variety of precision bombs like the LS series laser-guided bombs as well as modern ATGM HJ-10, which was only introduced in 2015. That’s going to make L-15 a more capable attacker than Su-25T. On top of that, it can carry the TL-10 antiship missile. That’s right, you can use this jet as a maritime tactical bomber. Although TL-10 only has a range of 20km, that’s enough to deal with many corvettes out there.

I have a friend who purchased L-39 and used it to train his little brother. But after that, his brother went to pilot his own fighters and the L-39 was left untouched since them. Because traditional trainers had little of offer beside being a trainer.

But this jet combines trainer, fighter, attacker and tactical bomber all into one package. So after you trained your friend You won't be able to neglect it and let it collect dust in the corner.

I have also been trying to get more of my friends to join the flight simulation. However, a few of them joined. Because flight sim is such a big commitment, you have to really spend a lot of time to learn it and practice it. Few of my friends can commit that much time. But many of them are willing to learn the weapon part so they can be the co-pilot if I have a module like F-14. With L-15, after you use it to train your friends and family, you can still ask them to be your co-pilot and let them control your AG weapon for you as you pilot it into the combat zone and enjoy this jet as a twin-seat multi-role fighter.

For more information, please read here:
https://www.popsci.com/china-air-for...k-plane-l-15b/
https://thaimilitaryandasianregion.w...tack-aircraft/

Last edited by J-20; 12-13-2019 at 03:37 PM.
J-20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 03:46 PM   #2
AeriaGloria

PESA!!!!!!????!!!!!
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 04:03 PM   #3
J-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeriaGloria View Post
PESA!!!!!!????!!!!!
Yep, passive electronically scanned array
Old 12-13-2019, 10:12 PM   #4
Harlikwin
Veteran

No more trainers.

No...

Really...

No more....

The resources are better spent on almost anything else.

I’d rather have whatever the Chinese mig17 was called than another trainer.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:24 PM   #5
firmek

I kind of agree with above... and I actually enjoy the trainers, especially L-39. And I do enjoy them a lot. The thing however is that there are probably more priority modules that the whole DCS would benefit from. Just to explain, like the JF-17. Not everyone will buy it but even those that wont will enjoy a benefit of having a red adversary in DCS, even "only" if it makes for a target that someone else if flying.
F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all
firmek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 12:15 AM   #6
J-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
No more trainers.

No...

Really...

No more....

The resources are better spent on almost anything else.

I’d rather have whatever the Chinese mig17 was called than another trainer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firmek View Post
I kind of agree with above... and I actually enjoy the trainers, especially L-39. And I do enjoy them a lot. The thing however is that there are probably more priority modules that the whole DCS would benefit from. Just to explain, like the JF-17. Not everyone will buy it but even those that wont will enjoy a benefit of having a red adversary in DCS, even "only" if it makes for a target that someone else if flying.
I know what you guys mean. But that's precisely my point, this thing is NOT really a trainer but a multi-role fighter that can be used to train people.

Last edited by J-20; 12-14-2019 at 02:38 AM.
Old 12-14-2019, 05:17 AM   #7
TaxDollarsAtWork

I feel like a J-8 is more of a step in the right direction
TaxDollarsAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 05:42 AM   #8
Kumabit

I just want another modern redfor aircraft, currently the aircrafts on blue team are way more advanced than aircrafts on red team
Kumabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 06:06 AM   #9
J-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabit View Post
I just want another modern redfor aircraft, currently the aircrafts on blue team are way more advanced than aircrafts on red team
Well, I'd say an aircraft with a PESA radar is going to be very advanced.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:30 AM   #10
carss

After reading about the L-15, I kinda like it and am impressed. However I still must agree with kwin about no more trainers. We could have some really awesome cold war birds which are accessible if not something more modern, but still a major combat type aircraft sounds like a better deal

There is nothing more beautiful than a little Sabre Dance
carss is offline   Reply With Quote