The Battle of the Stretch Goal - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 12:48 AM   #71
grifo

As someone already said, money are tight today! So why I have to back for something i will have for free? I'm not yet a backer and I see no reason to back other for supporting Ilya's project. But I will be happy to buy every single aircraft if they will be not free and as accurate as P-51!
By the way, just my two cents:
We already have a great P-51 ad soon we'll have FW-190 by ED. What we need now are NEW MAPS and GROUND UNITS of WWII... Why don't you release DCS:WWII for free with only the map and ground units, maybe before Sept. '14, so we can use and try it with our P-51. Then You can focus producing the single aircrafts one by one and sell it separately.. As I said I'll definitely buy them!
I think even $100.000 are sufficient for this task and for creating 1 good (not free) aircraft!
Obviusly the products have to be free for all who backed yet!
We are all playng DCS with only one flyable aircraft since 2010.. so I don't think this community will upset if in the initial stage there will be only one good plane!

But if you need more money NOW because you realized $100.000 are not enough, then I will be glad to pay 20 or 30 for just 1 aircraft.

One more thought: I Think that focusing about casual gamers is just a waste of time.. They will yet have something arcadish with Battle of Stalingrad and War Thunder!
And don't waste time producing new videos... I know your work is very early stage and you have very little to show us... I don't need nothing to be more confident, just a good project and your Name!

In any case don't let any aircraft for free

Best of Luck!

Last edited by grifo; 09-30-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:57 AM   #72
NoCarrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier1 View Post
Good? Bad?
Sounds good, Ilya.

And remember, your Kickstarter is already over the finish line. Do some good work with the limited means at your disposal now, and the money will come. Don't lose heart.

EDIT: Although I do think Hans-Joachim's reasoning below is sound. And obvious. Be prepared for a whole lot of $1 pledges if you go that way.

Last edited by NoCarrier; 09-30-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:58 AM   #73
Hans-Joachim Marseille

Quote:
ALL kickstarter backers receive rewards as previously stated. I.e., the project features are exactly as they were announced TO ALL BACKERS.

Non-backers - one free plane.

Won't muddy the waters with updated pledges. We were happy to give those planes away for free to everyone, so giving them to backers who pledge $1 is no problem at all.

Good? Bad?
Seriously? I can see a stream of $1 bills coming now from fence-sitters and free-loaders, which will not get us anywhere near $150k in 5 days.
It'll be laughing stock. And this is very unfair for people who found out about this KickStarter too late.

Rather, update the pledges. $40 pledge will get you all 3 planes, on initial release only.
Even the guy that had no money and went out of his way, emptying a hay barn to get some to pledge, put in $40 ...

Last edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille; 09-30-2013 at 01:03 AM.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:04 AM   #74
luthier1

PS I just realized the perfect way to hit those stretch goals.

Add a new $100 reward level. Offer a tell-all novel about the events of the past few years.

Oooh. If only
Old 09-30-2013, 01:05 AM   #75
9./JG27 DavidRed

Old 09-30-2013, 01:11 AM   #76
9./JG27 DavidRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJWest View Post
Luthier, my honest answer - as someone still undecided how much I can justify pledging on a very limited budget - has to be that making wholesale changes at this late stage doesn't really inspire confidence. If the 'three free planes' proposal isn't financially viable, then clearly it will have to go - but I can't see how doing this would result in increased Kickstarter funding.

easy- you and lots of others will have either to support the kickstarter now, or pay later for the modules...for RRG this is certainly a win win situation...
Old 09-30-2013, 01:13 AM   #77
Hans-Joachim Marseille

Could the Fighter Collection give away some free tickets to Flying Legends next year, or access to the Imperial War Museum at Duxford? This for the higher pledges.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:16 AM   #78
IvanK
ED Testers Team

Quote:

Add a new $100 reward level. Offer a tell-all novel about the events of the past few years.

Oooh. If only
I reckon I could write that
Old 09-30-2013, 01:17 AM   #79
Royraiden

Quote:

Oooh. If only
OH BOY
Old 09-30-2013, 01:34 AM   #80
Pizzicato

Quote:

Oooh. If only
Looking through the forums, you could probably get a new $1000 reward level for the FW-190 sans bar!